John 14:6 says it all.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
If they had the cards there would be nothing to debate ;)
But I would learn something that I do not know now.
Seriously, that is why I am here.
I asked myself these similar questions and was able to counter them with the answers I use here. Maybe, possibly, hopefully someone has an answer for me that I was unable to come up with or find on my own.

Basically I once used scripture to back up my scripture questions when all I used was scripture as my source. When I branched out to reaffirm scripture from outside sources, I found that there were major unavoidable, undeniable discrepancies which I initially fought hard to ignore. So I searched more wanting to find what what I wanted and needed to find, but those things just were not there. The more I researched with an open mind the more information I found that went against my beliefs to the point where I could no longer believe them.
Maybe I missed something. Thats why I like to hear, converse, debate.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
That is true.
But as I mentioned, a lot of our conversations morph into other conversations that way. A lot of times "off topic" turns into "new topic". I personally just want to be careful about limiting the possible conversations.
Many times the topic branches off, but the trails all lead back to the main topic.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Walt, Izzy, Spotlite...... this nonsense as above was/is why I went to the extreme with being an Apologetic.
BD, takes it to one extreme(totally non apologetic and antagonistic) So I went to the extreme the other way to prove a point .
BD, just doesn't get it and won't take constructive criticism from a non believer and apparently not from you guys either.

Israel

BANNED
W
See Walt's post #148
Which speaks nothing of the assumption of "competition", which is far more fundamental to any understanding of apologetics than any and all manner of identifying it by some, or any other, indicator.

Jesus Christ did not come to compete against unbelief, to compete against sin, to make in any form...a better or (to whatever criteria) winning argument. I know all too well this remains not an unfamiliar appraisal.

Yes...he shows triumph over death, triumph over sin, overcoming the world...but it is He himself who is this...His doing "in manifestation" is not to show He can just "do better" (for who then could be saved?), but who He is, who God is, in salvation. Participant and sole originator.

You say...what participates? Jesus Christ alone. This is a thing done entirely between Jesus Christ and the Father. The grace of God is manifest to the inclusion of man, but man's propensity here to engaging for the purpose of competition is all but excluded. To engage on the field for competition against man, or other men...is all of "not present" in Christ. If his sole end was to shame man (though there may be found a right place for deposit of shame) by His excellence...then such as hold this view have not yet seen, nor tasted, the exceeding restraint in His character especially...toward themselves. Nor yet seen the depths to which salvation is both provided...and necessary.

Oh, yes, the believer knows, or learns he is sent as lamb to slaughter here, not as competitor against his brother. What is more consequentially all a lie about the being of Jesus Christ, than that? Did he come for parade...and election as to who has the "best float"? To compete..."against man?" God forbid. He comes...already in full election, and choosing.

Well before His feet touched the road up Calvary He stated "I am the resurrection and the life", not "I am going to do a something to show I can beat death". That competition is reserved for what loves to lie about it..."I am really not trying to win, I am just speaking the truth".

I am.

So...back to what was posted this am that remains untouched.

Is something (if, and when it is) recognized as infinitely small, of any consequence?

ambush80

W

Which speaks nothing of the assumption of "competition", which is far more fundamental to any understanding of apologetics than any and all manner of identifying it by some, or any other, indicator.

Jesus Christ did not come to compete against unbelief, to compete against sin, to make in any form...a better or (to whatever criteria) winning argument. I know all too well this remains not an unfamiliar appraisal.

Yes...he shows triumph over death, triumph over sin, overcoming the world...but it is He himself who is this...His doing "in manifestation" is not to show He can just "do better" (for who then could be saved?), but who He is, who God is, in salvation. Participant and sole originator.

You say...what participates? Jesus Christ alone. This is a thing done entirely between Jesus Christ and the Father. The grace of God is manifest to the inclusion of man, but man's propensity here to engaging for the purpose of competition is all but excluded. To engage on the field for competition against man, or other men...is all of "not present" in Christ. If his sole end was to shame man (though there may be found a right place for deposit of shame) by His excellence...then such as hold this view have not yet seen, nor tasted, the exceeding restraint in His character especially...toward themselves. Nor yet seen the depths to which salvation is both provided...and necessary.

Oh, yes, the believer knows, or learns he is sent as lamb to slaughter here, not as competitor against his brother. What is more consequentially all a lie about the being of Jesus Christ, than that? Did he come for parade...and election as to who has the "best float"? To compete..."against man?" God forbid. He comes...already in full election, and choosing.

Well before His feet touched the road up Calvary He stated "I am the resurrection and the life", not "I am going to do a something to show I can beat death". That competition is reserved for what loves to lie about it..."I am really not really trying to win, I am just speaking the truth".

I am.

Is something (if, and when it is) recognized as infinitely small, of any consequence?

All I've ever asked you is why you believe that any of the part in blue is true. What is the method by which you have determined that Jesus was resurrected?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
W

Well before His feet touched the road up Calvary He stated "I am the resurrection and the life", not "I am going to do a something to show I can beat death". That competition is reserved for what loves to lie about it..."I am really not trying to win, I am just speaking the truth".

I am.

Israel, why do you expect an in depth conversational and on topic reply when it is something you want to know but refuse to give one yourself when we ask you very specific questions? Instead you fillibuster on and on totally avoiding what you have been asked.

The "competition" comment was about the sand castle analogy.
I have explained myself in detail about my stance in here about an Apologist and Apologetics many times in this thread already.

WaltL1

Walt, Izzy, Spotlite...... this nonsense as above was/is why I went to the extreme with being an Apologetic.
BD, takes it to one extreme(totally non apologetic and antagonistic) So I went to the extreme the other way to prove a point .
BD, just doesn't get it and won't take constructive criticism from a non believer and apparently not from you guys either.
Bro Dave isn't fooling anybody.
Ive seen other posts he has on other forums. He can be very informative and convey knowledge quite well when he wants to.
On this particular subject memes and loud proclamations are all we can expect from him.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Bro Dave isn't fooling anybody.
Ive seen other posts he has on other forums. He can be very informative and convey knowledge quite well when he wants to.
On this particular subject memes and loud proclamations are all we can expect from him.
Precisely.
His obvious blatant trolling is noticed and mentioned by a few different AAA regulars and instead of taking the hint he continues to throw more gas on the fire.
Why it is allowed?

WaltL1

Precisely.
His obvious blatant trolling is noticed and mentioned by a few different AAA regulars and instead of taking the hint he continues to throw more gas on the fire.
Why it is allowed?
1st -
You are scaring me :rofl:
I equate "why is it allowed" to "the higher ups should get involved".
I like self regulation. Theres the ignore button or just not play with him anymore.
On the flip side, he gave us some good info on hog hunting in the other thread, so see we have been enriched by his participation :bounce:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
1st -
You are scaring me :rofl:
I equate "why is it allowed" to "the higher ups should get involved".
I like self regulation. Theres the ignore button or just not play with him anymore.
On the flip side, he gave us some good info on hog hunting in the other thread, so see we have been enriched by his participation :bounce:
Self regulation is what I was hoping for.

WaltL1

Self regulation is what I was hoping for.
I hope you aren't hoping he's going to regulate himself cuz the odds don't look good for that :rofl:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I hope you aren't hoping he's going to regulate himself cuz the odds don't look good for that :rofl:
No, I guess that I meant police ourselves. The AAA's would handle it.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
What is the method by which you have determined that Jesus was resurrected?
That same spirit that raised Jesus is “the experience” we speak of. The same spirit he said would come as a gift. I believe you once referred to it as a phenomenon.

If we receive that as the Bible has promised, and we can research outside of the Bible and there is absolutely no other explanation that can even come close to describe it, why would we doubt it being real?

ky55

No, I guess that I meant police ourselves. The AAA's would handle it.

Are you hinting that he might be “regulated” by his uhhhhh...
peers?

:rofl:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Are you hinting that he might be “regulated” by his uhhhhh...
peers?

:rofl:
A few have vaguely mentioned it in a round about way.
I do feel that some absolutely recognize what he is up to and find it as "bad cricket".
And others encourage it.

Israel

BANNED
All I've ever asked you is why you believe that any of the part in blue is true. What is the method by which you have determined that Jesus was resurrected?

Occupation.