Jokes or Tricks pulled on people

Pop

I am on lunch and was thinking of the good jokes and pranks pulled on people. My dad was a crane operator at a mill and everyday they would break for lunch at 11:30 and all would sit around and eat. This being over 50 years ago there were no fast food places so everyone brown bagged or lunch boxed. I would hang out with dad during the summers (owner did not have a problem with me being around). One day everyone was sitting around talking and dad had a box of cracker jacks that he had doctored up the night before by cutting a small slit in the box and inserting a 5 dollar bill for the surprise. For those who are not old enough to remember cracker jacks would always have a little surprise toy inside. Dad opened his cracker jacks and immediately pulled the 5 dollars out and held it up so all could see what kind of surprise he had. Two of his fellow workers said they had to run up to the company store and would be back shortly. They proceeded to purchase all the cracker jacks in stock. They came back to the mill and opened all the boxes and was very disappointed that they did not have any money in any of the boxes. Dad never disclosed his prank to any of the guys and I did not find out until many years later. I guess back in those days people were more gullible than they are now.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Years ago a friend of mine got married. They were leaving straight from the reception to catch a flight to board a cruise ship for their honeymoon and made the mistake off entrusting the "Best Man" with the keys to their home so he could take all the gifts and other odds and ends and drop them off there.

I won't go through all the details of what transpired, nothing destructive just annoying, but my personal contribution was to take little mints, they always kept a bowl of the on the coffee table and I found the bag of them, and drop a few in a shoe here, a pocket there, just his stuff not hers.

Between work and other obligations I did not see Neil for some time after that. About a year later I bumped into him at some function and was greeted with " You no good, rotten, miserable, worthless so and so, I'm STILL finding those dang mints!!!! Every time I think I've found the last one I put on something and here are more!!!!"

Jack Ryan

You ever heard about that one time Hillary told Hank Johnson Guam might tip over?

gunnurse

I worked at an ambulance service that was hospital based, but also covered a large urban 9-1-1 area. I was the shift captain, and pulled dispatch in on a joke. I asked them to “page us out” on a non-emergent transport. This put the next truck up for the next call. There was three trucks running out of the station that night, so coverage was not a problem. The second truck was then “paged out” on a non-emergent. They came out of the station fussin’ and grumbling, and climbed into their truck.

What they didn’t know, is that we had secretly pulled in the fire station behind the EMS station, and I had climbed into their truck and covered up with a black raincoat. Just as they were checking en route, I grabbed the paramedic’s hand in the passenger seat and moaned. I’m glad the seatbelt caught him or he would have gone through the roof of the truck. I just smiled and said “And that’s why we lock our trucks, even when we are in quarters.”

When I “get” somebody, it usually involves elaborate planning and accomplices. Every lie told or trick played good naturedly should always involve a grain of truth for good measure and effect.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
My brother and BIL had to drive my truck to the car wash to wash off the JUST MARRIED and cut the cans loose.They were both in a Tuxedo.

Redbow

Being raised close to an old country road some of the neighborhood boys and I used to tie a string to a piece of black hose at night , put it on the other side of the road while we hid in the woods and waited for a car to come along. When a car approached which wasn't very often back then we pulled the piece of hose across the road simulating a Snake in the dim headlights of the vehicle..I have seen people almost run off the road and wreck trying to run over what they thought was a Snake ..One night a guy stopped, got out of his car and said...Now I know you boys can hear me, you need to quit doing this before you make someone wreck their car by trying to run over that pipe that they think is a Snake..We never pulled that trick again after discussing what that man told us on that dark night now over 60 years ago...

Last edited:

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Not too terribly creative, but years ago, worked in a wood shop. Whenever a new guy was hired, the seasoned carpenters would tell him they cut a board too short, and to go downstairs and get the board stretcher for them. The guy downstairs would give them the 'let me think...I saw it last over on Dan's work bench." Dan would then send them to Tom's, and Tom would send them to Bill's, and so on. We'd have the newbie running all over the building looking for the board stretcher.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
Salesmen's trucks are a huge target around company docks.

Jack the back wheels up ever so slighy so it stays and spins when they get on the gas

The old hidden rope tied to a nearby stack of pallets makes a calamity when they pull off

Tighten a 36" panduit strap around the the drive shaft, cut the remaining strap to be three or four inches too long to clear the underside of the truck. When they pull off it starts slapping the bottum of the truck makes some racket.

If a customer that's willing to cut up with you buys some ten or twenty foot pipe....stick it through his truck window and out the other left to right. Tell him " 'preciate it man, your pipe is already loaded"

jigman29

Guy at work was always pranking folks and wouldn't stop for nothing. So one night when we were expecting rain I snuck out to the parking lot and smeared chapstick all over his windshield wipers. He tried to use them the next morning and it smeared all over and he spent over an hour getting it clean enough to see to drive home.

Another good one was a guy at work kept sticking a hole in my drink bottle at work and every time I would get a drink I would get soaked. So I put an add on Craigslist for 2 free goats and that I worked afternoon shift so to call from 9pm till 1am. I did that on a Friday and waited till Monday to take it down. He came to work Monday mad as a wet hen. Said his phone rang off the hook all weekend with people wanting dang goats! I never told him I did it but we all laughed for days about that lol.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I think everyone has had the guy at work who likes to spread rumors. We played on that. When I worked international air freight we had a radio channel we could yak on when out over the ocean. It was like a chat room everyone could hear.

Early in the month we’d get on that radio channel and yak about some supposed good deal the company had going. Then we would see how long it would be before our rumor made it back to us. Sitting in a bar half way around the world some other employee would be , “ Hey did hear about the deal.” We’d listen all attentive. Did this a long time with none of my compatriots catching on.

oldguy

Not too terribly creative, but years ago, worked in a wood shop. Whenever a new guy was hired, the seasoned carpenters would tell him they cut a board too short, and to go downstairs and get the board stretcher for them. The guy downstairs would give them the 'let me think...I saw it last over on Dan's work bench." Dan would then send them to Tom's, and Tom would send them to Bill's, and so on. We'd have the newbie running all over the building looking for the board stretcher.
Like sending a Private to supply for a bucket of slack!

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Can’t take credit for it, but a good one was pulled at a body shop I use to work at. Guy was welding a quarter panel on and left for lunch before he was done, my boss snuck in and put a firecracker between the pieces of metal near the fuel cap hole. Ol boy came back from lunch and started welding, when that firecracker lit off he made it about 20 feet before he landed back on the ground.
Not a trick, but we had a fire call for a dually burning on a lift. One of the workers was replacing the tank and decided to drill a hole in the tank to drain the gas. When the gas hit the spark in that drill it lit off. I’m guessing he took two full strides before his head connected with the drive on lift, knocked himself completely unconscious. Ems had his head wrapped up like a turban.?

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
Worked in the tunnel building Marta Peachtree center rail station. Had a labor foreman that was a jerk, a Banty rooster, and a loan shark. We ran a wire from the coil on a company truck to just under the drivers seat. It lit him up three times before he figured it out. We made him sign his paycheck to pay back the guys who had loaned him money which he was loaning out and then fired him. Fun day.

Snowdawg

Being a high school coach, we always get some of the younger guys with pranks. During the summer we always send a kid up to the home coach or press box and ask then to turn on the AC in the visitors dugout and the field because it is hot. My favorite is to send a young guy over to the visiting coaches when they come to our place to take them the game ball for their pitcher. We do one of two things, either have them tell the coach "Coach said that he was only giving you the fastball and if you wanted to get the curve or the change you have to ask him for it" or after the kid returns from giving him his game ball send him back with another ball and say "coach gave you the curveball by accident and I was supposed to bring this fastball for you".

that always gets a good laugh

PappyHoel

I got fake arrested by union point police officers that knew my college friends. They staged a raid at their house while we were playing cards. We were all in handcuffs while the officers pretended to be looking for a fugitive.

The next thing I knew my friends were laughing with the officers and I was let out of cuffs. The officers were off duty and proceeded to play cards with us and have a few beers. I’ll never forget it, I thought was going to jail for mistaken identity.

Oldstick

Joke on me. When I first got out of college I had a temporary job filling in for one of the local high school teachers for a couple months due to medical leave.

First day, I pulled in parked my Dad's VW Beetle where I saw most of the cars were. Some time during the day some of the students casually asked me if that was my car and said I could have parked in the reserved faculty spaces in front of the school. Came out that day and the VW had been picked up and turned 45 degrees in the parking space. Eye reckon it could have been worse..

Buck70

I worked in prisons for 32 years. My favorite jokes were to have new Officers go search for left handed hand cuffs, bunk stretchers (for a tall inmate) and fog fans (to disperse the early morning fog).

Hillbilly stalker

We got a new Lt. on our shift one time, he had been to college and thought he was sooooo much better than everybody else, he was a but kisser extrodinar. He really enjoyed screwing with the guys and dodging hot calls. He messed up one time and was overheard saying he was bad allergic to poison ivy. A short time later some unknown person(s),:devilish: pulled on a pair of latex gloves, grabbed a handful of PI and rubbed it real good underneath his truck door handle. He was out of work for about a week with his head all swoll up. It took a couple more get evens to bring him back down to earth......but he caught on.

We had another Lt. that loved to pull pranks and was a good guy. He messed up and announced he had to go to the can and go 10-200 ( think smokey and the bandit). Well our men's room was on the interior of the building and had no light source other than the light switch which was right at the door, pretty good size restroom too. Well I stepped out side and got a big bottle rocket out of the trunk of my crown Vic ( it was the 4th and we confiscated them back them). I walked in the men's room doorway and put it under my boot and aimed it right at his stall. As soon as it lit good, I cut the lights and closed the door. Shhhhhhhhhhhhht..........kaboom !!! He was in complete darkness with a bottle rocket going off in the stall with him. Man you could hear him cussing for 2 city blocks, he said it took him an hour to clean up the stall. He still gets ill when it's mentioned. Man we used to have a lot of fun.

Last edited:

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
I am on lunch and was thinking of the good jokes and pranks pulled on people. My dad was a crane operator at a mill and everyday they would break for lunch at 11:30 and all would sit around and eat. This being over 50 years ago there were no fast food places so everyone brown bagged or lunch boxed. I would hang out with dad during the summers (owner did not have a problem with me being around). One day everyone was sitting around talking and dad had a box of cracker jacks that he had doctored up the night before by cutting a small slit in the box and inserting a 5 dollar bill for the surprise. For those who are not old enough to remember cracker jacks would always have a little surprise toy inside. Dad opened his cracker jacks and immediately pulled the 5 dollars out and held it up so all could see what kind of surprise he had. Two of his fellow workers said they had to run up to the company store and would be back shortly. They proceeded to purchase all the cracker jacks in stock. They came back to the mill and opened all the boxes and was very disappointed that they did not have any money in any of the boxes. Dad never disclosed his prank to any of the guys and I did not find out until many years later. I guess back in those days people were more gullible than they are now.

People are still very gullible, have you seen the crap on the internet people spread around?