JT, Bubba and friends Live From The Tree 2019. A year of highs and lows III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havana Dude

It’s a comfortable 50 degrees this morning. Doing my traditional Thanksgiving Hunt. It’s our gun opener, and unless I had to work, been doing this my whole adult life. 35 years now. Have taken a buck on 2 thanksgivings in that time. So far, two 4 points strolled through a while ago. Identical horns, must be twins. Y’all have a good day, and be thankful for everything.

bulletjig

1st morning and afternoon sit I have had this year that I didn’t see a deer.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Been a hard steady rain all night and should be steady until around lunch. Gonna wait it out and make a decision on stands. Gotta run a few hours north tomorrow to pick up a blind. Be a good day for it since the strong winds will be here. After that should be 5 or 6 days of good hunting.

I'll probably start a new thread this afternoon as well. Good luck in the woods boys

Squeaky

JT I just got caught up on all 3 threads. I read everyone of them each year but forgot to post in them while hunting. Man you are one dedicated and tough dude to hunt that hard and long!! I don't know how you do it day in and day out man. As I get older I find myself not being nearly as dedicated as I once was. I still love it but miss home more and more each year.

I wish you and Bubba the best of luck on round 2. Hopefully a sweet Midwest beast will make a mistake. You definitely deserve a good one for your effort!!

If I can remember I'll try to do a little posting on the new thread during Illinois 2nd shotgun season. I still have a Illinois shotgun tag left in my pocket. I've punched my Kentucky tag and Illinois archery tag already on a couple decent ones.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
JT I just got caught up on all 3 threads. I read everyone of them each year but forgot to post in them while hunting. Man you are one dedicated and tough dude to hunt that hard and long!! I don't know how you do it day in and day out man. As I get older I find myself not being nearly as dedicated as I once was. I still love it but miss home more and more each year.

I wish you and Bubba the best of luck on round 2. Hopefully a sweet Midwest beast will make a mistake. You definitely deserve a good one for your effort!!

If I can remember I'll try to do a little posting on the new thread during Illinois 2nd shotgun season. I still have a Illinois shotgun tag left in my pocket. I've punched my Kentucky tag and Illinois archery tag already on a couple decent ones.
Good to hear from you Squeaky! Sounds like you've had a great season. Good luck closing it out

Havana Dude

No action on this thanksgiving weekend opener. A couple 4 point twins seen thanksgiving a.m., and only a coyote since then that gave me the slip, no shot given. Our season is split, they give us 4 days at thanksgiving, gun opener, then close for 2 weeks. In between we can ML, and archery. I’ll take advantage of that a few days, but activity has been nil lately. Our rut hits around Christmas, so I’ll be hard at it then. I’ll echo the others JT, you deserve at least a shot at a goodun for your efforts. Good luck!!

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
It's been miserable weather the past couple of days but being in the woods in Illinois is nothing to complain about. This morning was rain and thunderstorms while sitting in a box blind to stay dry. This afternoon was the foggiest I've ever seen and getting progressively worse the later it got. Tomorrow we have rain, sleet, and snow forecast with 20 plus mph winds and gusting even higher. Wish us luck! These were my views 2 hours before dark. IMG_20191130_48979.jpgIMG_20191130_41999.jpgIMG_20191130_9941.jpgIMG_20191130_16951.jpg

jimbar

It's been miserable weather the past couple of days but being in the woods in Illinois is nothing to complain about. This morning was rain and thunderstorms while sitting in a box blind to stay dry. This afternoon was the foggiest I've ever seen and getting progressively worse the later it got. Tomorrow we have rain, sleet, and snow forecast with 20 plus mph winds and gusting even higher. Wish us luck! These were my views 2 hours before dark. View attachment 993482View attachment 993483View attachment 993484View attachment 993485
Be safe in that stuff and kill a giant!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
We are up and running north to pick up a blind. Winds are brutal today with gusts up to 45 and sustained over 20, so we ain't missing much. Hard to sling an arrow in it ?.

Be back in the AM from a tree. I'll start us all a new week long thread to close things out.

Be safe and have a blast

Status
Not open for further replies.