JT, Bubba and Friends Live From The Tree AARP Style 2018 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
11:30. No deer yet, but did get to listen to some keekee runs and lost yelps followed by several gobbles. Gotta love a snowy midday fall gobbler?. Heck I like them better now than in the spring. In the spring I hate em ?.

Snow is relentless, but the temps feel like they've risen a bit and it's melted off my arrow and riser. Would rather it drops again so there snow doesn't melt on me. Otherwise I'm gonna freeze before dark.

Unless I kill before then ????

Rick Alexander

Most exciting - eventful - beautiful day hunting I ever had in a tree was in a driving snow that dropped 8 inches of snow in a 3 hour period in Wy about 6 years ago. Man you can see movement for miles in heavy snow like that (between sessions of snow) and the deer seemed excited to see it. While it was snowing you couldn't see 30 yards hardly. Bout froze my keester off but it sure was perty.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Most exciting - eventful - beautiful day hunting I ever had in a tree was in a driving snow that dropped 8 inches of snow in a 3 hour period in Wy about 6 years ago. Man you can see movement for miles in heavy snow like that (between sessions of snow) and the deer seemed excited to see it. While it was snowing you couldn't see 30 yards hardly. Bout froze my keester off but it sure was perty.
Sounds like the 2 year in a row hunts we had in Nebraska.... Cold, brutal bizarre came in, but the deer were moving and we lived to tell about it

bullhorn1

Glad y'all are enjoying the thread. Definitely brings the excitement of everything involved with hunting to everyone at the same time. Y'all make it what it is and that's much appreciated.

The dog that's supposed to show up this eve is a 3 yr old bloodhound. At least he's got new blood and scent to follow.
Maybe he will get on him hot and heavy,hope he can turn him loose with a GPS collar that way they track the dog and when he stops he's found the deer or bayed it,not real fond of dogs on a leash heck i could follow one in the snow,we need a dog that will hunt him down and call Bubba at the same time,looking forward to the dog results so Jim please keep is in the know.Have a blessed afternoon hunt

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Good luck Bubba. Sitting my last afternoon here in zone 9. Standing corn has been our demise so far. But I got 5 hrs to go to make it happen. Good luck to all!

bullhorn1

11:30. No deer yet, but did get to listen to some keekee runs and lost yelps followed by several gobbles. Gotta love a snowy midday fall gobbler?. Heck I like them better now than in the spring. In the spring I hate em ?.

Snow is relentless, but the temps feel like they've risen a bit and it's melted off my arrow and riser. Would rather it drops again so there snow doesn't melt on me. Otherwise I'm gonna freeze before dark.

I like to wear my gortex rainsuit over my warm clothes just to keep me dry,also stops that cutting midwest wind,just take off your boots and relax for a bit,The good Lord is going to bless you this year,and you'll remember i said that and look up and give thanks.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I like to wear my gortex rainsuit over my warm clothes just to keep me dry,also stops that cutting midwest wind,just take off your boots and relax for a bit,The good Lord is going to bless you this year,and you'll remember i said that and look up and give thanks.
Everything I own is water resistant and wind proof which is normally good, but this snow my melting on my back is making me wish I had worn my rain jacket.

Oh well, I have coffee and lunch and altho I'm deer less, they are here, beasts are here

Rick Alexander

Everything I own is water resistant and wind proof which is normally good, but this snow my melting on my back is making me wish I had worn my rain jacket.

Oh well, I have coffee and lunch and altho I'm deer less, they are here, beasts are here
Need a tree umbrella out there.

Duff

Made me smile this morning. Gobbles in the snow. Don’t think I’ve ever heard that. Was awesome!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Need a tree umbrella out there.
I failed to mention the umbrella is up and doing all it can. The wind is perfect for the stand, but the tree it's in causes the umbrella to be almost perfect, almost ? the NE wind is pushing it on my back, but the rest of me and my gear is dry

1st deer.. Baby 8 and a spoke are across the creek from me on edge of field. Good sign I hope

Status
Not open for further replies.