JT, Bubba and Friends Live From The Tree AARP Style 2018 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Losing light too fast. Just a few mins left and then we gotta figure out the deer and dog situation.

Gonna close this down unless something good happens. Y'all be safe and try to dry off and warm up.

I'll update on his deer tonight as soon as I know

bullhorn1

Dog cant come now till tomorrow evening and can’t find another... killing me but my fault
Go try to track him thru the snow,that dog being just 3 yrs old probably don't have enough experience to track a two day old scent,what have you got to lose but time your hunt has ended anyway,so go down trying.Sorry guys you need one of these old ga hounds with yall up there,may be something to consider for next year.These old plots would have caught him when he crossed the road on you this morning.Sorry Bubba that all this happened but that's hunting,don't even want to guess how big he was,that's your story to tell

j_seph

Had guide once said let's call a dog, I said I wanna look a little farther. Found my deer 15 yards past where we were standing.

turkeykirk

Core Lokt

Bubba- I wouldn't be waiting on a dog any longer. Go track that deer. He's got hours on you now since you've seen him. He has to be dead or barely moving on. I also agree on the outfitters. Dogs should be on site or close by for the $$ spent but then again I have never been up there.

Hope SP gets to continue to track his deer. Doesn't sound good seeing how he was shot early this am. Good luck bro!

Jason C

Well gentleman nothing this evening but couple does and about 15 turkey

Bubba,wish u luck my friend

barry green

Some land owners/hunter **** me off sometimes. You know if the shoe were on the other foot they’d be begging for him to let them over. what happened to hunting ethics? Wounded animal **** you let them go after it, even help them if you didnt want them there alone. Some folks just like to be jackasses. Why i like my animals more than most folks

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
It's crazy that the dog training thing is much bigger in the south than it is elsewhere. I don't think I've ever been to an outfitter that has a dog on hand or close by. Just one of those things.

I contacted everyone on United blood trackers last night and no one was available. We also contacted a couple local folks that track and again they wouldn't travel or they were out of town etc etc etc. Lots of excuses but what can you do? If I liked dogs more, I'd have my own...but man I don't like a dog much and my kitty won't track lol

Since the deer was still alive and kicking (a long long ways from where we stopped last eve) today, the track may not be too old tomorrow. They may get on it again in the morning now that there's fresh snow.

It's a pain in the behind, but it's part of it. Hate losing a deer or even injuring a deer.

On a good note, Midwest addiction, steve, killed a good looking typical 12 pt this eve in the snow!

See y'all in the am for a cold windy morning

Pointpuller

Some land owners/hunter **** me off sometimes. You know if the shoe were on the other foot they’d be begging for him to let them over. what happened to hunting ethics? Wounded animal **** you let them go after it, even help them if you didnt want them there alone. Some folks just like to be jackasses. Why i like my animals more than most folks
X2
Wish y'all good luck Bubba and Shayne.

Tideup

It didn’t use to be an issue. If you shot it you retrieved it if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.