2018 Falcons Julio Jones No Show June Camp, Shows mid-July Cal. Passing Camp

gunnurse

Julio, Julio. Wherefore art thou Julio! Who cares! I watched zero hours of NFL last year. I just dropped by to stir the pot.

Julio Wholio?

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I feel so sorry for these guys playing a game, struggling to get by. I would like to see any of them raise a wife and a couple of their children on the wages that the people who pays their salary, live on. These guy in the NFL have an unrealistic opinion of their worth. They are not heroes, the guys that stormed Normandy, so they have this opportunity are the heroes. Ask ten of them where Normandy beach is located, and you might get one right answer. I personally like to see completely empty stadiums at their games for a few years. so that would have to get a real job.

TinKnocker

A great player but the typical Julio produces 2-3 off the chart performances every year, and for the rest of the games he is either hurt or double-teamed. He is 29 years old and entering the 2nd half of his career where injuries become more frequent and players start losing step or half-step on their speed and quickness.

And still finished 2nd in receiving yards and less than 100 yards behind 1st.

BornToHuntAndFish

Updated Post #1 & thread title with recent news updates.

Julio does NOT show for June mini-camp.

Julio shows for Ryan's mid-July California passing camp.

Will Julio show for late-July camp???

:huh:

biggdogg

Devil's advocate. For those saying he agreed to the contract, he should honor it... what about from the team end? The Falcons brass also signed that same contract, and yet, they can release him at any point during that contract and walk away from the majority of the financial commitments they made to him. They can release him for no reason other to save money if they so choose. No other sport can a team release a player without still being on the hook for that players salary. Just look at the Braves with Dan Uggla and Adrian Gonzalez or the Hawks and Carmelo Anthony.

Personally, I don't care much at all for the NFL, one reason being the one sided contracts. Yeah, these players are getting played to play a game, but more often than not, only a small percentage of a players salary is actually guaranteed. Owners really have little reason to be loyal to the players. Loyalty works both ways.

And fwiw... he didn't go to Bama for the education as was alluded to in an earlier post...

TinKnocker

He's already gotten 35mil in guaranteed money.

The only person anyone (including Julio) should be upset with is Julio's agent. What an idiot, getting an elite receiver into a FIVE YEAR deal that is up for renegotiation AFTER his player's prime. He lost money and lost Julio money working that deal. No elite player should ever sign a long term deal that renews after they are 30 years old.

Had he signed a 3 year deal instead of 5, he would have been up for renewal right now anyways. His agent is a dummy and he's a dummy for not thinking long term.

DannyW

The only person anyone (including Julio) should be upset with is Julio's agent. What an idiot, getting an elite receiver into a FIVE YEAR deal that is up for renegotiation AFTER his player's prime. He lost money and lost Julio money working that deal. No elite player should ever sign a long term deal that renews after they are 30 years old.

Had he signed a 3 year deal instead of 5, he would have been up for renewal right now anyways. His agent is a dummy and he's a dummy for not thinking long term.

Agreed...if Julio is upset it should be with his agent for negotiating a bad deal, and then advising him to accept it.

DannyW

Now what? Julio is digging in his heels and refusing to report to training camp later this week.

I stand behind what I said in my June 16 post...trade him. If I were Dimitrioff I would be on the phone with every GM in the league trying to see how many 1st round draft picks I could get for him.

Hey...here is an idea...Aaron Donald is also holding out. Trade Julio for Donald straight up, then LA can give Julio the contract he wants, and Atlanta can give Donald the contract he wants. The teams save face by not caving in to the demands of their original player, and both players get what they want. Win-win.

And Atlanta gets an absolute stud D-lineman.

BornToHuntAndFish

From the many recent news reports, sounds like Julio will be pulling the old Roddy White stunt & not show up this week to Falcons camp.

https://www.myajc.com/sports/footba...ut-from-training-camp/3btpJWPsuuJqgXIhKLq5uJ/

Julio Jones to hold out from training camp

The last Falcons player to holdout was wide receiver Roddy White back in 2009. He held out for six days.

The Falcons gave White a six-year, $50 million contract extension, with $18 million guaranteed, in 2009 after a six-day holdout. White had one year remaining on his contract before the new deal was reached.

:eek:

;)

DAWG1419

Now what? Julio is digging in his heels and refusing to report to training camp later this week.

I stand behind what I said in my June 16 post...trade him. If I were Dimitrioff I would be on the phone with every GM in the league trying to see how many 1st round draft picks I could get for him.

Hey...here is an idea...Aaron Donald is also holding out. Trade Julio for Donald straight up, then LA can give Julio the contract he wants, and Atlanta can give Donald the contract he wants. The teams save face by not caving in to the demands of their original player, and both players get what they want. Win-win.

And Atlanta gets an absolute stud D-lineman.
The falcons and common sense doesn’t belong in the same sentence.

Hunter922

I would explain it to him like this. You are under contract for three more years. We can't get back what we gave up to get you. So including two franchise tags you will be here for five more years. Until you actually play a full season no negotiating. Now get your soft tail on the field... It would come out differently but this is a G rated sight..

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Patriot44

Banned
Just so everybody knows I don't watch pro football.:pop:
I came in here just to post this. I couldn't care less if they all quit. I'll never lay eyes on a NFL game in my life, been two years so for.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I came in here just to post this. I couldn't care less if they all quit. I'll never lay eyes on a NFL game in my life, been two years so for.

I watched the Super Bowl this year and it wasn't that good. Prolly won't watch a single game this year unless I'm bored to tears which isn't likely during deer season.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Maybe the idiot can get a position on Stacey Abrams campaign. Entourage? Personal Security? Or just general thug flunky like Keisha Lance Bottoms has on her staff.

TinKnocker

Quinn and Dimitroff get extensions and renegotiated contracts. What an awesome slap in the face to Julio. :LOL:

BornToHuntAndFish

In case you did not hear the Falcons' management announcement, let's include the quote below.

Guess time will tell if Julio really does show at this morning's & tomorrow's 1st day of training camp.

9-seconds

53-seconds

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/falcons-announce-that-receiver-julio-jones-will-report-to-camp

Falcons announce that receiver Julio Jones will report to camp

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 11:50 PM

Here is the statement Dimitroff released:

“We have had continued dialogue all offseason with Julio and his representation. We have come to an agreement with Julio, and we will re-address everything in 2019. I appreciate everyone’s hard work and communication on this. This adjustment does not impede us from working on other extensions with other key members of our football team. We will continue to work on those contracts going forward.”

b544hjohyad8pz9mrcsl.jpg

21369602_10155093086912842_2319647968399079684_n.jpg

;)

Last edited: