Jumping all around the Log

sprewett

This afternoon went to Pine Log again. Went to another area I haven't been to. I been jumping all around the Log seeing what I can before it's gone. Started in on a road that the gate was closed on and went up an old firebreak. Got into some real thick small pines with alot of briar heads. Was really scanning for any rabbits held up in the briars after all some fried rabbit and biscuits would be a great treat for dinner. Got to moving on up thought I heard something rummaging through the leaves so I slowed way down and walked alot softer. It was a bird making all the racket but about 15' in front of me a huge bobcat got up and slowly trotted off. It was amazing how well it blended in he/she was laying in the sun on a bed of pine straw walked right up on it before I saw it. Anyway thought about shooting it but my gun wouldn't work. The gun wouldn't cock. Good grief! So I took the rifle apart in the woods fixed the problem and took off. Lots and lots of hog sign and I made a sure to do a healthy baseball pitcher shoulder warm up in case I needed to throw my gun in case it didn't fire. Figure I was good for at least 25 mph inside corner. Got my knife out of my bag and put it on my belt for easy access. Walked to the top of the hill turned around and heard two owls bantering back and forth. Off in the distance heard a squirrel barking. Was able to watch a deer that was about 75 yards away with no idea I was around. Such an awesome evening in the woods only got 2.47 miles but better than sitting on the couch. However, I am dropping the "trusty" off the name of the ole Winchester.

Latest posts