Jurors mull 'day of reckoning' in Roundup cancer trial

NOYDB

Put some $100 dollar bills that have been soaked in roundup on the floor of the courtroom. See how many end up in the attorney's pockets. That's how dangerous roundup is.

drhunter1

Cancer is more prevalent today than ever before in history. Explain it please.

NOYDB

Cancer is more prevalent today than ever before in history.
No it isn't.
Explain it please.
But there are just as many scamsters as always.

Interestingly, there IS a very simple explanation. Until the 1960s cancer was little understood, seldom correctly diagnosed, and often overlooked. Between the late 1960s and today, our understanding of cancer has grown, our ability to recognize cancers (of all types) has significantly increased, and cancer diagnoses have significantly increased. As a simple fact, there is NO actual evidence that cancer is "more prevalent today" but there is a significant body of evidence that when cancer is present it is more often recognized.

Thread starter #6
Roundup causes cancer like flies cause garbage.

I hope this helps.

Crakajak

"Diagnosed in 2014 with non-Hodgkin lymphoma, a cancer that affects white blood cells, Johnson used Ranger Pro repeatedly in his job at a school in Benicia, California, after being promoted to groundskeeper in 2012. "
More people more problems show up. Social media makes things seem a bigger problem than it really is. That guy worked less than 2 years with roundup and was soaked twice by malfunctioning equipment. Why is Monsanto the only one being sued. Sounds like poor training on the Counties part to me.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
"Diagnosed in 2014 with non-Hodgkin lymphoma, a cancer that affects white blood cells, Johnson used Ranger Pro repeatedly in his job at a school in Benicia, California, after being promoted to groundskeeper in 2012. "

More people more problems show up. Social media makes things seem a bigger problem than it really is. That guy worked less than 2 years with roundup and was soaked twice by malfunctioning equipment. Why is Monsanto the only one being sued. Sounds like poor training on the Counties part to me.
I've used it regularly for nearly 40 years, and have been soaked more times than I can remember. Same with probably a hundred people I know. I've sprayed about ten tanks this week so far. He has something else going on besides glyphosate.

Crakajak

I've used it regularly for nearly 40 years, and have been soaked more times than I can remember. Same with probably a hundred people I know. I've sprayed about ten tanks this week so far. He has something else going on besides glyphosate.
Fully agree. I have used it regular since the late1980s and so far nothing to worry about.

NOYDB

Life causes cancer. Stop life, stop cancer. 100% success rate.

drhunter1

Glyphosate is in every food we eat. The cows eat the grain sprayed with it. You drink the milk, eat the cheese, bread, etc that has grains or eaten grains that have been sprayed with it.

I've used it for the same amount of time. To my knowledge I don't have cancer. My best friend used like we have. He has stage 4 squamacell carcinoma.

The point is. Just because you didn't get it, or I was lucky enough to not get it means jack.

It also doesn't mean round up caused it but it doesn't mean it's not a dangerous carcinogen either. I'm not going to poo poo the notion either just because I didn't get it.

Glyphosate is in every food we eat. The cows eat the grain sprayed with it. You drink the milk, eat the cheese, bread, etc that has grains or eaten grains that have been sprayed with it.

I've used it for the same amount of time. To my knowledge I don't have cancer. My best friend used like we have. He has stage 4 squamacell carcinoma.

The point is. Just because you didn't get it, or I was lucky enough to not get it means jack.

It also doesn't mean round up caused it but it doesn't mean it's not a dangerous carcinogen either. I'm not going to poo poo the notion either just because I didn't get it.
Beer is carcinogenic. I drink it, too.

My point: anything that is designed to kill things probably isn't good for you. But Roundup isn't the evil, deadly thing that the snowflakes claim. It has a lower LD50 than table salt. Would I drink it? No. Id it probably over-used? Yes.

But-used as per the label, I'd say it's one of the least dangerous pesticides on the market. It's just the current poster child for Dangerous Thing for stupid snowflakes who can't think for themselves. Mostly because of its affiliation with the evil Monsanto corporation.

There are lots of things we use every day that are more dangerous. I'd like to see some data on all those air fresheners and cleaning products that women spray all over every house in the country every day.

Thread starter #13

Glyphosate has been in common usage for 44 years. Why is it only now, all of a sudden, it causes cancer? Would this have not been proven long ago?

There's an agenda here and it doesn't have anything to do with public health.:wink:

Glyphosate has been in common usage for 44 years. Why is it only now, all of a sudden, it causes cancer? Would this have not been proven long ago?

There's an agenda here and it doesn't have anything to do with public health.:wink:
Hint: Monsanto.

Miguel Cervantes

GON Severe Weatherman
Equipment failure should be the cause of the suit and the equipment manufacturers should be the targets. But then we all know that in a case such as this attorneys go after the party with the deepest pockets. This particular case has nothing to do with guilt and everything to do with a handsome settlement.

NOYDB

Equipment failure is the cause of the problem, sure. Let's go with that.

drhunter1

I don't know. It may have been an issue un be known to man.

There are studies saying it is and studies saying it isn't. Who is paying for those studies is the real question. That's where the agenda is.

If you don't think Monsanto has an agenda.. Do you think their agenda is pure?