JUST A FLY-BY OF SHARKS MAYBE.......

Thread starter #1
This was surprising a few minutes ago when I was checking the skies around the southeast.

This is just to liven up your boring day. :banginghe

It is a SHARK in the air that is flying from Atlanta to Tampa.

That is definitely a weird looking aircraft as I am so used to seeing all sorts, sizes, and shapes of every kind of plane known around the world it seems BUT this is a first. I think that it is cool just how it shows up in red for this promotion period.

If you look real close on the 1st screen, you can also see that this plane is Southwest Airlines Flight # 526 from Atlanta to Tampa and the plane is a Boeing 737 that it is flying at 33,000 feet altitude and should arrive in Tampa at 4:52 PM today. :cheers:

I understand that it is surely a promotional thing possibly called "SHARK WEEK CELEBRATION and being promoted by Southwest Airlines. I still think that it is pretty cool. I thought that I would share it with others.

I singled out the first plane from all of the other air traffic so you can see it better. The first plane is also currently traveling at 409 MPH as it has slowed down considerably on approach into the Tampa area.

Now the second photos shows Southwest flight # 549 that took off from Fort Myers, Florida enroute to Columbus, Ohio. It is flying at 33,700 feet altitude and is traveling at 547 MPH and should arrive in Columbus at 6:20 PM.

One thing for sure, this is the first time that I have ever seen SUCH AN AIRCRAFT BEING DISPLAYED ON THE RADAR AS A RED SILHOUETTE FOR ANYTHING BEING FLOWN OR PROMOTED AS SUCH.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES SHARK    7-11-2018.png TWO SHARKS IN FLIGHT     7-11-2018.png

Last edited: