Just an email I received...

DRBugman85

Who wants to go fight for a spot to DUCK hunt in a Chinese fire drill,the water in Butler lsland is to high and the natural grasses have died.Super BAD MANAGEMENT on the entire area that's over Hunted and scouting 7 days a week by the hordes of Duck Commander wannabes That move on top of your set and sky BUST everything and anything that Flys in the sky..
Not sure why anyone would wast their time am hard earned $ for that mess.

Crackersmackin

You would think Ducks Unlimited would come in and"volunteer" their time and money to help out with all the money they raise around here

across the river

You would think Ducks Unlimited would come in and"volunteer" their time and money to help out with all the money they raise around here

Ducks unlimited has done a bunch of projects and spent a bunch of money in Georgia, Altamaha included. The problem is, like anything else, it has to be maintained, and the state does a poor job at maintaining most of the projects. Considering you have to have money to keep stuff up, it isn't al the DNR's fault, but it is what it is. I'm not saying I think DU is the greatest at everything either, but if I were in charge of DU, I would not spend a dime in Georgia, because there is a poor history of maintaining what projects have been done in the past. Look over this list and tell me which of them you would even spend the time to drive to hunt.

https://www.ducks.org/georgia/georgia-conservation-projects

Altamaha is a wreck and over hunted when it is in service, Fishing creek blew out and was never repaired, etc........ Why would DU dump any money into a state that isn't really in a flyway anyway, especially when the project won't get maintained? Everybody acts like DU should be establishing some great waterfowl habitat in Georgia, but it isn't going to happen.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War

DU funds projects. It is then up to the states to maintain them.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
I
Ducks unlimited has done a bunch of projects and spent a bunch of money in Georgia, Altamaha included. The problem is, like anything else, it has to be maintained, and the state does a poor job at maintaining most of the projects. Considering you have to have money to keep stuff up, it isn't al the DNR's fault, but it is what it is. I'm not saying I think DU is the greatest at everything either, but if I were in charge of DU, I would not spend a dime in Georgia, because there is a poor history of maintaining what projects have been done in the past. Look over this list and tell me which of them you would even spend the time to drive to hunt.

https://www.ducks.org/georgia/georgia-conservation-projects

Altamaha is a wreck and over hunted when it is in service, Fishing creek blew out and was never repaired, etc........ Why would DU dump any money into a state that isn't really in a flyway anyway, especially when the project won't get maintained? Everybody acts like DU should be establishing some great waterfowl habitat in Georgia, but it isn't going to happen.

I once offered to fix the breach at Fishing Creek on my own dime simply because I had equipment nearby and was told no thanks by GADNR. I also offered to bush hog the goose grazing pastures one year at Clark Hill and was again declined by GADNR. I understand liability and I understand budgets but it seems as if they just don't want to maintain these projects anymore.

kevbo3333

I

I once offered to fix the breach at Fishing Creek on my own dime simply because I had equipment nearby and was told no thanks by GADNR. I also offered to bush hog the goose grazing pastures one year at Clark Hill and was again declined by GADNR. I understand liability and I understand budgets but it seems as if they just don't want to maintain these projects anymore.

Maybe they should quit hiring more and more GW’s and put some of that money towards maintaining properties.

Latest posts