Just like my old Italian granny used to make.....

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Well, actually, my granny was a fire-breathing Scots-Irish mountain woman who was born so far up the holler that they had to tote their sunshine back up in there in 55-gallon wooden barrels. She made the world's finest cathead biscuits, fried chicken, and applesauce stack cake (on a wood-fired cookstove, to boot; ) but she wouldn't have known a Marsala if it walked up and bit her on the hiney. And if a Marsala had have dared to walk up and bite her on the hiney, she would have killed it with an axe and throwed it off in the brarr patch. :bounce:

But anyway: Chicken Marsala with oven-roasted herbed taters, YHFP's pecan asparagus, and garlic bread. It was quite delicious if I do say so myself.

marsala2.jpg

Dub

Great looking plate and some good laughs, too.

Both my grandmothers were really good cooks.....way different styles of cooking. Great meals as a kid. My sister can nail down many of each of their special recipes.

I can't remember the last time I had chicken Marsala.....and you flung a cravin with that meal.

GA1dad

Yessir,,, that looks OUTSTANDING!!!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Now that looks like some good eats right there!!!!!!!

Artfuldodger

That is a picture of perfection. Granny probably never had asparagus either. Come to think of it my Mom probably has never had it.
You did serve it with taters instead of pasta. Granny would approve of arsh taters I'm sure.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That is a picture of perfection. Granny probably never had asparagus either. Come to think of it my Mom probably has never had it.
You did serve it with taters instead of pasta. Granny would approve of arsh taters I'm sure.
Granny actually had an asparagus bed. She called it sparr-gus. She called them "arsh taters," too.

Triple C

NCH...I've never seen anything that you've posted in the Cafe that didn't look amazing and this one is no exception. A lot of the culinary talent up in here is way beyond my basic grillin' n beans n taters posts cause that's bout all I know how to do. Love the outdoor cafe! Keep the cooks coming.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
NCH...I've never seen anything that you've posted in the Cafe that didn't look amazing and this one is no exception. A lot of the culinary talent up in here is way beyond my basic grillin' n beans n taters posts cause that's bout all I know how to do. Love the outdoor cafe! Keep the cooks coming.
Bull dookey. I've seen pics of your cookin'. I'm probably one of the worst cooks in this forum, and I can cook pretty good. Pay and Dub and Ryork and JohnnyD and about fifty others continually amaze and inspire me with their eats.