Just ordered 15,000 rounds of .22 ammo

pacecars

A couple of friends and I just ordered 15,000 rounds of Remington .22 LR subsonic ammo from Natchez, I wonder if I will be on some government list now? :fine::fine::fine:

kracker

Gone, but not Forgotten
Welcome to the list!!!

pacecars

Ordered 1200 rounds of .45 ACP to make sure they had me on there!

red tail

GONetwork Member
Why remington? I have had a ton of trouble with failure to fire. I got so tired of it I run CCI of winchester. do you have good luck with Remington?

throwdown

X'2 on Remington FTF. I run suppressed only in .22, and have also had a butt load of trouble with them. Are you running in a semi, or bolt? Let me know if they run good in your semi. I ordered 1000 and sent 800 back!

pacecars

I have been running them in a Ruger 22/45 with a PacLite upper and a Ruger 10/22 with a Whistlepig barrel with a Thunderbeast 22-L suppressor on them and both have run flawlessly. I have had problems with Aguila and CCIs not firing in the pistol.
DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0007-7.jpg

tree cutter 08

no problem in my bolt action savage. thats all i shoot because it sure does like them.

whats with the list? never heard of it

Dr. Strangelove

I don't shoot Remington .22's anymore either, about a 10-15% failure rate, on the Golden Bullet, anyway.

pacecars

I have had thunderbolts fail to fire in other guns but have not tried them in either of these. No problems with the subsonics so I will keep shooting them

wareagle700

Remington doesn't work any better or worse than any other cheap, bulk ammo. Federal has been very poor stuff for me. If its cheap, I buy it. Its ok to practice clearing jams. ;)

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I have had lots of problems with FTFs with Remington bulk stuff too, not just in one or two guns, but any of dozens of .22 firearms I have shot it in over the years, both mine and other people's. At least one in ten is a complete dud in the last ones I bought, and the ones that do go off never seem to have the same amount of powder, make the same sound, or hit in the same place. I just went through a 550 pack of Fedral bulk with only 1 ftf total, and good accuracy and consistancy. Federal or Winchester have both worked well for me over the years with the bulk stuff, and I love CCI for the better stuff-never, ever, ever had a single ftf from CCI .22 ammo after shooting it for nearly forty years, but I'll never buy another Remington .22 shell if there's any other choice.

Old Texan

Nothing semiauto I own likes Remington anything. Plus it burns dirty. I've been told alot of the issues have to do with the parafin coating they apply.

CCI minimags and Stingers have been so dependable, I rarely use anything else. Occasional box of Winchester or Federal being the exception.

georgia357

I don't shoot Remington .22's anymore either, about a 10-15% failure rate, on the Golden Bullet, anyway.

I've had the exact opposite experience with the Golden Bullets. No problems and with one of my 10/22's they are the most accurate.

I run federal bulk pack ammo through my Ruger mark II with a PAC light and cci standard velocity through my cz452 and 10/22. Those seem to work best and stay subsonic with my silencerco sparrow attached.

Darien1

I really like the Federals too. The Remington Golden Bullets I reserve for my bolt actions and revolvers. My Ruger pistols and auto rifles will not cycle them and they fail to fire very often.

Dub

A couple of friends and I just ordered 15,000 rounds of Remington .22 LR subsonic ammo from Natchez, I wonder if I will be on some government list now? :fine::fine::fine:

I doubt 3 bulk boxes of .22 lr will put you on any list.

polaris30144

I doubt 3 bulk boxes of .22 lr will put you on any list.

You might have left a zero out of your math.......not 3 boxes=1500....it is 15,000 which is way more than 3 boxes.....like 30 bricks....I still don't think it will be on any list since ammo is not regulated in GA. In MA, you can only own a certain amount with a special permit issued by the state. I know you can't legally buy any bulk ammo in MA.

injun joe

Gone But Not Forgotten
I must be lucky. I've shot thousands of Rem Subsonic and can only remember a couple of FTF. I love the stuff.