Just placed a tree order with the Wildlife group

Mac

Nice people,

They said I should have my order by Friday. FAST

Just hope the trees are good.

I planted 17 med/large trees last week. Sawtooth, pear, persimmon.

These ordered will be another 30 small and 15 med/large.

Those hole diggers got heavy. Got to buy me an auger for the tractor.

I wll update on the status of the trees.

GeauxLSU

Mac,
Good deal. What kind did you get?
The little man will literally enjoy the fruits of your labor one day! :clap:
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Mac

These trees are going on property I own!!!!!!!!!

Ordered:
Chinese Chestnut, Allegheny chinkapin, Chickasaw plum, methley plum, callaway crab apple, arkansas black, Yates, american beauty berry, elder berry, honey suckle, strawberry bush.

I have several other companies I plan to order additional apples, pears, blueberries, grapes, musgadines, nut, peaches.

If I don't attract any wildlife I will just open a fruit stand.

GeauxLSU

Talk about variety!

Mac said:
Ordered:
Chinese Chestnut, Allegheny chinkapin, Chickasaw plum, methley plum, callaway crab apple, arkansas black, Yates, american beauty berry, elder berry, honey suckle, strawberry bush.

I have several other companies I plan to order additional apples, pears, blueberries, grapes, musgadines, nut, peaches.

If I don't attract any wildlife I will just open a fruit stand.
Geez man. I haven't even heard of half of those! :eek:
Gotta go see that place. It's definitely gonna' be nice...
Gotta' get a pond and you'll be set to retire!
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Mac

Phil

I hope so. I bought the land for him and don't intend to ever sell.

I read one time that you could plant 5 AC's of Black Walnut trees when a child was born and they would be rich when they retired. I am considering planting about 500 on this property for future timber value. Anyone else ever heard this?

GeauxLSU

Always plant trees, even if YOUR future enjoyment is questionable.

Dawn2Dusk said:
Hope you have better luck than we did... Had a long term lease and planted some trees then 3 years later the land was gone...
That's OK, the land is still better for YOUR PRESENCE there :fine:
(assuming it's not asphalt now... :( )
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

GeauxLSU

Mac said:
I hope so. I bought the land for him and don't intend to ever sell.

I read one time that you could plant 5 AC's of Black Walnut trees when a child was born and they would be rich when they retired. I am considering planting about 500 on this property for future timber value. Anyone else ever heard this?
Do it! I remember hearing when the natural walnut stock on long guns were just about gone that natural stands of American Walnut had just about been descemated. Plant 'em plant 'em plant 'em.
I'd love to retire on a pecan orchad one day... ::;
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil
ps - If that's true, sell me 5 of your acres. I gotta' a little man I need to take care of. ;)

gadeerwoman

I think you'll be pleased with their quality of trees although it is getting a little late in the planting season. They are nice folks!! I've used them for years and never been disappointed in either service or quality.

bukhuntr

I rent up to a 34" auger on a walk behind Dingo. Easy to transport on a landscape trailer. Worth the money, I can promise you that.