Just want to get your thoughts?

Buck Dropper

This is my 1 year old male dog. Supposedly he is 100% yellow Labrador retriever. I did not receive paperwork with this dog & it doesn’t make any difference, but I would just like to hear some opinions.

Lots of folks have shared their thoughts with us that he is not a full blooded lab. Some have said he is a lab pit mix. Some have said he’s a purebred lab with “rose” ears.

Whatcha think? What is he to you?

AAB8F06D-1F20-4896-A505-2A133D1A507A.jpeg5AD9477F-48E4-495E-B749-02F4C90AF3EB.jpeg4ED72279-57B6-4D7B-BF0F-323AB4F6D6EC.jpeg

delacroix

BANNED
It looks like a mutt pup that needs clipped and an extra firm handle put on it.

The preoccupation with breed names and papers is rather absurd when people generally know nothing about breeding and only want a pet.

If it makes the kind of dog you like, I wouldn't worry about what people say. The only problem with it looking like a pit is some people are more likely to cull it for you if it gets out of hand. That won't happen so there's nothing to worry about.

He looks like a nice dog. Why do you care if he is full bred or not? Are you going to duck hunt with the dog? You are not going to breed him are you?
So my question to you is why does it matter. In my time I have sold over a hundred and seventy five AKC registered lab puppies. Unless I was going to hunt or run field trials and hunting dog test I wouldn’t have a registered dog. To many poor old mutts out there need a home and somebody to love them and take care of them. That’s just me.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
a side view with him standing would be helpful, and also a picture of his tail extended.

It is for sure, if he is a fullblooded lab, he is not the prettiest one out there. He doesn't have the block head, the high eyebrows or the wider, blunter muzzle of the lab.

If I had to venture a guess from these pictures, I would say he isn't full blooded.

Geezer Ray

I say he looks like a great friend. But that's just me. I have and have had pure breed dogs, but like mentioned above, to me papers are for house breaking a dog if that's your cup of tea. Dogs are the best friends.

Buck Dropper

He looks like a nice dog. Why do you care if he is full bred or not? Are you going to duck hunt with the dog? You are not going to breed him are you?
So my question to you is why does it matter. In my time I have sold over a hundred and seventy five AKC registered lab puppies. Unless I was going to hunt or run field trials and hunting dog test I wouldn’t have a registered dog. To many poor old mutts out there need a home and somebody to love them and take care of them. That’s just me.

I paid $475 for a lab that was supposedly full blooded. I don’t really like being lied to, especially when it comes to money. Whether or not he’s full blooded has nothing to do with whether he stays or goes. He’s a part of our family now & he’ll die a part of my family. We also have a chihuahua mix we adopted from our animal shelter and love just as much as him. I just wanted everyone’s opinions on whether they believed him to be a purebred lab, since that is what I was told I was paying for. I should have bought from a breeder with AKC paperwork and proven bloodlines if I wanted to be sure. I guess I figured for $475 the man’s word was good.

Buck Dropper

Couple more pics for anyone that is interested in giving an opinion. Like I said in my original post, what he is doesn’t make any difference. I wanted a family dog and that’s what he’ll be. I just don’t like being deceived, if that is what has happened here.

And yes I’ve asked the seller directly if he is purebred, again, due to how he has looked as he has aged, and the breeder vehemently defended his blood line. It is what it is.

6F7546B4-2474-4F5B-B8FB-BE2AA9A25117.jpeg
8DA0B7B1-316B-4909-91FE-1131EBC4DB45.jpeg

flatsmaster

If ur 100% positive of who ur dogs parents are they should have papers or I'm not sure how the seller can say pups are AKC (purebred) ... now most people that breed microchip there dog so a vet can really verify which dogs which not just a blk lab possibly using another's papers ... hope he is a great dog for you

Mexican Squealer

Definitely not a “good” specimen of a yellow lab. Not a hack on you but I would never consider buying a dog that isn’t, at least, AKC registered. I have hunted over some browsers that were solid meat dogs. Hopefully this one will be all you want it to be....edit: just saw you paid 450.00 I’d be mad beyond belief!!! But the truth is, it’s on you...never buy a dog without papers and hips...and eyes (imo).

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
well, the body and stance look lab, but that tail doesn't and with the facial features, I am pretty well sure he isn't full blooded lab. If he is, he had the ugliest mama in the lab world.

Buck Dropper

Here is a photo of his mother. Doesn’t necessarily look purebred to me either. I’m just now seeing this photo of her.

I just got burned is all there is to it.
DA02AAAC-801A-4919-A3DF-A8D807EC9F70.jpeg

Geezer Ray

You are for sure right in that you ought to be able to take a man's word for truth. Sadly the world just ain't that way any more.

Hillbilly stalker

He is a fine looking dog. If he pleases you and your family, that's enough. You learnt your lesson, let it go. Life's short, just enjoy it.