Just wanted to show a big smile on a 6 year old's face. This past weekend

rstallings1979

I carried my 6 year old to a friend's families pond to set a turtle trap. I decided to bring along his reel and let him practice his casting. I recently taught him how to cast and he has been getting better and better. I had a 7.5 inch tequila shad worm on the line and it was hot. The pond dam had broken a few years ago so we didn't expect there to be much action as well. Needless to say the next thing I hear is drag going crazy and look over to I see my boy struggling with the Omega fighting a good bass. We started videoing so I have a great 2 minute video. I wish I knew how to put a file that big on here for you all to see. I have added a few pics of the fish with one breaking the water and then the end result. A nice 4.5 or 5 pounder.

I am 40 now but between the ages of about 8 to 16 I fished nearly every single day after school and during the summer (unfortunately my sights turned to the female sex after that so I probably missed some good fishing days) . I have great memories being around/in a pond so this really was special for me. My wife and I recently finished construction on a 5 acre pond on our own farm and I hope to grow some lunkers in the years to come for both my boys to enjoy. I have done a ton of research on pond building and stocking to hopefully provide an environment that will pave the way to some wall hangers in their future.

Attachments

• Henry's Fish 1.jpg
    Henry's Fish 1.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 172
  • Henry's Fish 2.jpg
    Henry's Fish 2.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 173

Duff

That is awesome! WTG Young man!!

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
AWSOME!!! He's "HOOKED"!

Pop1414

I have 3 grown kids with kids of their own. I took everyone of them fishing with me. It was special time watching them catch their first fish. Now I have 6 grandkids and I love taking them fishing... not all at one time though. ? It’s a special time to share with them and see their excitement when they catch a fish. It’s something I will remember for the rest of my life. I hope they will remember it too. Great job you are doing with your kids . That had to be exciting for him . And I know you were grinning ear to ear?. That’s just something you will remember forever. Nice job

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I'm just guessing that Dad's still got a smile.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Welcome to the addiction young man, you did great!

Nice job there dad!

Rabun

Love the action shot. Looks like a surgeon leaping out of the water:) Congratulations to the young man!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Man, that's great!

Worley

Dude that is awesome, made my day reading the story and seeing that smile...I hope y’all keep stretching string on them fine fish!

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Bet the lil guy was stoked! Nice catch young man!

Cook&Bro

That's a great catch !!! Nice bass !!!