Kayak fishing in Roswell

weagle

It's a little harder to get to the River and creeks around home since they have most of the parking lots chained off. Big Creek is open, but you have to park out on Riverside and get your Kayak to the creek. My Pelican Catch 100 only weighs about 50 lbs, so when I have it on the cart it's not much harder to pull than a golf bag cart, especially if you get the weight balanced correctly. Only the smallish bream were biting, but every time I get to fish from the kayak it's a great day.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

frankwright

Nice video!
When you rolled pass the "road closed" sign I swear I could hear Gomer hollering "Citizens Arrest, Citizens Arrest!"

Rabun

Way to get after them! Is the park on Morgan falls rd closed too...the one before the dam?

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
I don’t understand why the parking lots are closed but Roswell isn’t writing tickets for people parking on the side of the road. No offense to the OP but I almost hit some idiot today who tried to pull a u turn at the Riverside, Old Alabama light and ending up having to do a 3 point turn. Azalea and Willeo are downright dangerous. I do t think the boardwalk was thought through enough.

weagle

Way to get after them! Is the park on Morgan falls rd closed too...the one before the dam?

Yes, The Parking lot is chained off above the dam. The Parking lot below the dam and the boat ramp is open, but they have been running so much water out of the flood gates you have to be careful to stay out of the fast stuff.

weagle

I don’t understand why the parking lots are closed but Roswell isn’t writing tickets for people parking on the side of the road. No offense to the OP but I almost hit some idiot today who tried to pull a u turn at the Riverside, Old Alabama light and ending up having to do a 3 point turn. Azalea and Willeo are downright dangerous. I do t think the boardwalk was thought through enough.

They need to open them back up. Typical political over reaction in an effort to "do something"

The speed limit in the whole area is 35 so it's not too crazy, but with cars lining the sides, drivers trying to go around the bicycles, people opening doors into the street and getting in and out of cars, it's a circus for sure.

Nice and quiet on the creek though.

As far as Roswell writing tickets, they'll drop one on you in a hurry if you are in a no parking zone.

Last edited:

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
They need to open them back up. Typical political over reaction in an effort to "do something"

The speed limit in the whole area is 35 so it's not to crazy, but with cars lining the sides, drivers trying to go around the bicycles, people opening doors into the street and getting in and out of cars, it's a circus for sure.

Nice and quiet on the creek though.

As far as Roswell writing tickets, they'll drop one on you in a hurry if you are in a no parking zone.

Don’t even get me started on the bicycles brother. Not a fan. Glad you got on some fish!