Kayaker Missing On West Point

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
A Auburn University graduate has been missing from R. Shaefer Heard Park since around 2:30 pm Saturday. Her kayak, paddle, and PFD were found later floating near the dam. Anyone in the area are being asked to be on the look out on land and water. From WSB-TV.

Damidgede

Since they started generating at 3:00 PM on Saturday and R. Shafer Heard is right near the dam, the end result may not be good here. Praying she is found safe.

LTZ25

So sad , I had a young guy on Sinclair come out to me on a kayak Saturday and to just say hello and he was not wearing a vest and I was 100 yards offshore fishing a hump , kinda weird I though .

Teh Wicked

So sad, and the worst part is people get all up in arms if you ever say something to them. I guess people don't realize the smallest little piece of cordage or ropes getting around an arm or leg and you can no longer swim.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Very unfortunate update. Her body was found this morning, dead of apparent drowning.

Very sobering reminder to wear your life jackets!
Thanks for the update Dustin, I checked earlier and they hadn't said anything about that yet. Sad.

jocko755

I've seen enough Dateline shows to know this seems odd and hope further investigation is conducted.

Awful way to go - prayers for her family and friends.

bilgerat

Senior
Sad outcome, prayers sent for the family. A old friend of mines ex wife committed suicide by poisoning her self. The police grief counselor told him that most women who commit suicide chose a "non violent " method , he said women are still vain even to the end and They don't want to shoot them self's or mess up their body in any way because they are worried how they will look in a coffin.

Cadillyak

Sad indeed. Prayers to the family. I’m sure some have see two crazies fishing Lanier in float tubes. Will never catch me without wearing my life jacket. If I ever forgot it. Bank fishing it is. Wader belt is in second place. Sad ending.....

Last edited: