Kayaks Buying guide

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Those dollys are nice,,,,I'll check out Nu canoes,,,,they make an adapter for a trolling motor,,,,Wilderness systems,,,,

Stay away from trolling mounts that use a scupper hole. Where scuppers and molded rod holders make the bend is a weak point in a molded yak. These bends are usually the first place to leak in a molded yak.

Cmp1

BANNED
Stay away from trolling mounts that use a scupper hole. Where scuppers and molded rod holders make the bend is a weak point in a molded yak. These bends are usually the first place to leak in a molded yak.
Thanks,,,,I'll PM you in a bit,,,,

RamblinWreck

Love my NuCanoe F12. I use a Newport 46 lb trolling motor with a 35 AH scooter battery. The NuCanoe TM mount is a flimsy piece of plastic, I made a better one from a piece of cutting board and a dowel, and I use a long tiller handle. I made my own electronic speed control with a knob close to my hand. The F12 is wide and open, the aircraft carrier of kayaks, but is very stable. Not so nimble in the rapids, but I fish the Flint, Etowah, and 'hooch no problem, and it is great in electric-only lakes.

Cmp1

BANNED
Love my NuCanoe F12. I use a Newport 46 lb trolling motor with a 35 AH scooter battery. The NuCanoe TM mount is a flimsy piece of plastic, I made a better one from a piece of cutting board and a dowel, and I use a long tiller handle. I made my own electronic speed control with a knob close to my hand. The F12 is wide and open, the aircraft carrier of kayaks, but is very stable. Not so nimble in the rapids, but I fish the Flint, Etowah, and 'hooch no problem, and it is great in electric-only lakes.
Really does look nice and stable,,,,

Cmp1

BANNED
Any way to fit a foot control in the kayak?

RamblinWreck

Probably, but I haven't tried. I'm happy with what I have.

fish hawk

Bass Master
In my opinion if your on a budget the best all around kayak for the money is a Ascend 12t