Kayaks

1gr8bldr

Design differences....Could someone explain the differences in shapes, etc of Kayaks. The only thing I know is that short does not track. Is there a do all kayak or is a fishing Kayak not good for river playing? If you were going to buy the family each a Kayak, what would you get?

lx708

Look at the Jackson kayak website they tell you what different shape and size kayaks are best for... If I was buying for just myself or the whole family I'd be looking at the vibe kayaks... I've paddled Jackson's and wasn't impressed...

1gr8bldr

I could not go the usual route of searching out the best but had to go the route of affordable. I needed 5 Kayaks for the family. Walmart had these listed at like $220 but they matched the online price of $180. They work fine. Not something to have to worry over since they are cheap enough to be considered disposable. So, I won't be worried if my son borrows them for him and his friends. That's nice. If I had spent $600 on a nice Kayak then I would not want to lend it out worried it would come back all gouged up. We took these out on the river yesterday. They did as good as one might expect. I only need a waterproof storage bag to put in the hull access. http://www.lifetime.com/lifetime-90534-tioga-120-inch-sit-on-top-kayak-lime-with-backrest

Jeepnfish

This is my Lifetime Tahoma I outfitted for fishing. Its the same hull as the Tioga and Tamarak. Its a good boat, it has served me well for a year now.

Attachments

• 0729180945.jpg
    0729180945.jpg
    729.3 KB · Views: 22