keeping a copy of sportsman license?

outdoorman

Other than sending off and paying for another card, is there a way of downloading a copy of Georgia license and keeping on smartphone?
Will it be valid?

GoldDot40

Other than sending off and paying for another card, is there a way of downloading a copy of Georgia license and keeping on smartphone?
Will it be valid?

I was told yes. I have a copy of my fishing license, drivers license, DOT medical card, weapons carry license, SS card, and a few other credentials in a password protected file on my smart phone. But to answer your other question, you should be able to download as many copies as you wish from the DNR website if you have an online account.

PappyHoel

All you need is the go hunt ga app and it will sync with your license info. Once you do that all you need to carry is your smartphone. The app has the digital copy of your license entitlements.

GoldDot40

All you need is the go hunt ga app and it will sync with your license info. Once you do that all you need to carry is your smartphone. The app has the digital copy of your license entitlements.

Only downfall to that is that if you're deep enough in the woods to barely get a signal, a lot of apps won't work.

PappyHoel

Only downfall to that is that if you're deep enough in the woods to barely get a signal, a lot of apps won't work.

You sync it beforehand and it will be there. You don't need a signal then.

Also your kill report is on the app too. If you don't have signal I think you have 72 hrs to update the app kill report or call it in.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Good note Fuzzy. I used to keep my grandson's license on my phone along with mine.

When I tried to load it again this year and it would not load. First time he came down I learned that he had it on his phone now so the app might not let you add the license to multiple phones.

Dr. Strangelove

You can also just print off a copy of your license, fold it, and it your wallet. I keep one in my fishing vest, one in my car, and one in my wallet.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
^^^This^^^
You sync it beforehand and it will be there. You don't need a signal then.

Also your kill report is on the app too. If you don't have signal I think you have 72 hrs to update the app kill report or call it in.
^^^And This^^^

But I also save the .pdf file of my license to my computer and print out several paper copies to have, just in case. You never know when technology will fail.