Kennels

Brushcreek

i hear if u AKC register your kennels then they stay all over you and constantly come and inspect your kennels

NGaHunter

Bushcreek,

So are you saying that your Bushcreek kennel is not registered? What if there is another kennel that is registered as Bushcreek? I would want to know that someone else didn't have the right to use my kennel name.
Plus if you look at the links I posted, in ordered to get a kennel name registared with AKC you have to be competing in AKC events.

scullshoalk

I call my kennel Scull shoal Kennel, have for 25 years. I could care less what AKC thinks. Years ago I lived up the creek from you Jacob, called my kennel Brush Creek. I registered my dogs Brush Creek so an so. I don`t use the name any more you can have it.

Brushcreek

Thanks scullshoalk, and i register my dogs brush creek's... also. and no my kennel isn't registered and i know probably over 10 or 15 rabbit dog kennels or any kind of dog kennels for that matter in this part of the state that have a kennel name and not a single one is registered. i dont guess you have to be AKC to have a name!

Kennel name

Do you have to let akc know about the kennel names, or can I just call my Backwoods Kennels? That's if the name is not taken.

Brushcreek

you can call it whatever you want! its just not an officially AKC registered kennel unless you submit it and they approve it and send you the papers

``````````````````````````Rabbit Tracks Ever where```````````````>

Hello, My name is Aubrey Holcombe,and I own Daddy Rabbit Kennels, here in Royston, Ga.

This is a reg. Kennel name with the ARH/NKC.

I ran my gun dogs with this organization, for may years and it cost, about $20.00 a year today, but was only about $5.00 many years ago, when I first did it.

Good thing to do, if you get into the competition trials, and bench shows. Well worth your time and money. I do have some AKC hounds, but they don't have the Hunt, and foot speed that my ARHA/NKC hounds, do!

Good Luck and take care.

Yours in sports,
Daddy Rabbit~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>