Kickin' off Sunday in a fine way,, who's throwin' down in the kitchen today?

GA1dad

I did some Eyetalian sumpin sumpin, chicken, shrimp, fettuccine, babyspinach, onionstomatoeanbpepper, reduce in a red wine sumpin ernother, mozzarella cheese sauce and bacon garnishing.
It was tolerable
Ima restinView attachment 948183

Bravo my good man,,, that's mouthwatering!!!

GA1dad

I stirred up a L'il somthin

View attachment 948179

Seared pork tenderloin with a ginger reduction, bag o carrots....but...I sliced those brussel sprouts myself

shadows in the top left is the iron I used to cook those sprouts

Every bit of that looks good!!

GA1dad

Sorry for the bad pics,,, inside the camper with poor lighting.

So lemme tell you' guys,,, these were outstanding! I modified a recipe I saw on Facebook to fit what I already had. I will be doing this beef mixture again,, fer sure and fer certain!! Not only did it make good sammiches, but it would have been great on rice, smashed taters, noodles. I highly recommend you try it at least once.

1 T oil in pan
2 lbs sirloin chopped to bits in pan
2 T flour in pan
1 T each salt & pepper in pan
Cook for a bit, then remove meat from pan

then,,,

2 T butter in pan
2 C sliced mushrooms in pan
1 quartered and sliced onion in pan
1 can Campbells Beef Consomme ( in soup section )
1 T thyme in pan

return meat to pan

cover and simmer 40 minutes or until liquid thickens

Seriously,, give it a try. It's a keeper! I'm thinking it'll even work with ground beef!

20181104_183346.jpg20181104_190743.jpg20181104_190859.jpg

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
Sorry for the bad pics,,, inside the camper with poor lighting.

So lemme tell you' guys,,, these were outstanding! I modified a recipe I saw on Facebook to fit what I already had. I will be doing this beef mixture again,, fer sure and fer certain!! Not only did it make good sammiches, but it would have been great on rice, smashed taters, noodles. I highly recommend you try it at least once.

1 T oil in pan
2 lbs sirloin chopped to bits in pan
2 T flour in pan
1 T each salt & pepper in pan
Cook for a bit, then remove meat from pan

then,,,

2 T butter in pan
2 C sliced mushrooms in pan
1 quartered and sliced onion in pan
1 can Campbells Beef Consomme ( in soup section )
1 T thyme in pan

return meat to pan

cover and simmer 40 minutes or until liquid thickens

Seriously,, give it a try. It's a keeper! I'm thinking it'll even work with ground beef!

View attachment 948186View attachment 948187View attachment 948188

Awesome, and you did it ina Dutch Oven for the win!

Dub

Man, JD, you are working up some mighty meals while ya'll are camping.

That Dutch oven is being utilized to deliver some excellent looking results.

Dub

I did some Eyetalian sumpin sumpin, chicken, shrimp, fettuccine, babyspinach, onionstomatoeanbpepper, reduce in a red wine sumpin ernother, mozzarella cheese sauce and bacon garnishing.
It was tolerable
Ima restinView attachment 948183

Shrimp with the bacon garnishing will make any plate come to life. I'm not much of a pasta lover.....but I'm here to tell you that is one plate of fettuccine that I'd jump on.

Dub

I stirred up a L'il somthin

View attachment 948179

Seared pork tenderloin with a ginger reduction, bag o carrots....but...I sliced those brussel sprouts myself

shadows in the top left is the iron I used to cook those sprouts

Looks delicious....I wanted to cook some brussels, too, but wife said we had enough vegetables already. :rofl: I really like the little cabbages. Ginger reduction sounds interesting.

Dub

Mama never bought a container of bay leaves in her life, and she cooked with them a lot. She`d go down into the edge of the swamp and gather her own bay leaves to dry and use.

She made her own sweep brooms too.

Chili werent bad at all.View attachment 948174

Man....that's the real deal no kiddin' Championship Chili right there.

I want to thank you again for sharing the recipe with all of us here on Woody's. I look forward to making each pot. In fact, we just polished off the first batch of the season. I'd made it and froze half that we just enjoyed (left the bay leaves in the frozen half....worked out well).