knives in use.....neck-knife pictures added

Thread starter #81
Nice deer Owen , and nice work on the knives.

I hadn't looked at this in a while. Nice blades fishbum. This is an awesome thread. Let's keep it going.

C Rex Blade in Action

Here's some pics of my friend Greg Long, owner of Timber River Adventures in Dublin. He hosted a mighty fine hunt for my young bladesmith apprentice Scout and me. We had a great time right before Thanksgiving. Greg manages for trophy deer and hawgs and does it right.
The 10 weighed 240+ before dressing out. He was a dominate for sure.
Greg is using a knife I gifted him for putting on such a nice hunt. Couldn't get him to slow down enough for a good pic of the knife, but he is very happy with it.

Attachments

georgiaboy

Cleaned/skinned and quartered 3 with this neck knife I made and it's still shaving sharp. I wanted to use this AEB-L in person and so far I'm impressed.

Attachments

Anvil Head

It's all anyone should ever need! (probably shouldn't say that since I make/sell a lot of much larger knives....but it's true)
Heck, I've got axes and chainsaws for the big stuff.
Thanks for sharing.

georgiaboy

It's all anyone should ever need! (probably shouldn't say that since I make/sell a lot of much larger knives....but it's true)
Heck, I've got axes and chainsaws for the big stuff.
Thanks for sharing.
I agree. My "big" main hunting knife is a tad over 3.5" I think. The one in the pic is about 2.75". For hams I just cut in and around the ball joint which is about as deep of a cut I can think of.

georgiaboy

One of you guys needs to be thinking about some turkey and neck knife pics. I got sloppy this year and no pics.

That knife wil do a turkey just as easy as a squirrel. Me and ol Rex flushed about 15 day before yesterday just above the spring below the cabin. Mostly squibs and hens. Rex jumped into them before I could get close enough for a good look, but hey, was exciting for a minute. Rex even got a feather to tote for a while.

godogs57

Here's my 2017 bull elk with one of my knives. Skinned, gutted, quartered and it still shaved when I worked up a whitetail buck a few weeks later. CPM154 stainless steel, Desert Ironwood handle. Double H Knife at work.jpg

redeli

Here is a knife given to me by my billy buddies....it is a beautiful piece of work....it is a hank hammond made knife that I have not used yet but if the good Lord is willing will get plenty of use in the future 6FD9EA26-15E7-42F2-84E4-BDD3B98E40F6.jpeg