Knives

crucible02

I've used several but the Buck 113 Ranger Skinner has become my favorite. Been using it now for 4 years and I can't imagine using anything else.

I do like to have a second blade handy and that can vary for me. This year, I'm going to give the Outdoor Edge RazorLite EDC.

Buckstop

Have been using a Kershaw and a Browning fixed blade with a gut hook for awhile now. Picked up a Case Trapperlock recently that I’m looking forward to using this season.

I lost my Old timer 1430T after quartering a deer on a WMA hunt. Probably left it on my bumper. I sure hated to loose it.

I have many knives. My new favorite is the Swing blaze. Ive used it on a couple of elk, several hogs and deer. I like it a lot.

DSGB

I have a Sharp (Japan) that my grandma bought for me from K-Mart when I started hunting in the late 80's. It's a copy of a Marble's.

Here is a picture of one I found online.

Sharp.jpg

What kind of knife do you use for dressing deer? How long have you been using it ?
Rada super paring knife and it ain't even close. I've made a bunch of knives and have bought a bunch and tried them all. None even comes close. And you can't beat the price. They last forever, maintain an edge forever, are easy to re-edge with a just a sharpening steel and are superb at boning also. $7.30. WOW!!!! Time to order a few more.

Last edited:

ribber

Can you still get the carbon steel folders like Old Timer, or are all the new ones stainless, or low quality Chinese?

lagrangedave

useless thread starter
I just found a bird and trout Kershaw that I thought I had lost. I'll use it on the next one, I showed this to Nic before I broke up the set and gave the rest to dear relatives and friends.

I have a Cabelas large pocket knife that i purchased years ago and have not seen it again. It has a blade to skin, one with a round point for opening the deer and a saw that works. Ill post a picture