Knowledgeable AR guys, suggestions

cmshoot

I agree with the 150rds a year, we was discussing this this past weekend and cake to the realistic conclusion that they get bought, shot some then put in the safe and odds are never brought out again unless maybe to hog hunt with once or twice. So I believe I prob answered my own questions. Decided against the piston since I can’t justify the price to have it sit. So is there a such thing as a decent cheap ar or are most out there going to fit what will happen to it? Diamond back, palmetto state, ati, bushmaster, ruger I’m sure will do their 150 just fine and occasional hog. Last question would be the barrel, I see a lot of 1:9’s, but have been told the 1:7’s are a lot better, is that true

What’s your budget? If you’d like, I can help you pick out components and you can come over to my shop for free assembly. You can help along and maybe learn a thing or two in the process.

I prefer a 1:7”, but depending on what kind of shooting you’re doing, it may be a moot point. When my daughter was 10YOA, she was using my 1:7” twist carbine to accurately run M193 ball (55grn FMJ) to 500yds using an Aimpoint Micro T1. Jester896 may have been there that day.

great white

What’s your budget? If you’d like, I can help you pick out components and you can come over to my shop for free assembly. You can help along and maybe learn a thing or two in the process.

I prefer a 1:7”, but depending on what kind of shooting you’re doing, it may be a moot point. When my daughter was 10YOA, she was using my 1:7” twist carbine to accurately run M193 ball (55grn FMJ) to 500yds using an Aimpoint Micro T1. Jester896 may have been there that day.
$5-700 I’d say give or take, I just hate to dump a lot of money into something that will sit most of the time, especially the more I think about this thing. As far as the shooting just basic blowing thru ammo like I do my .22 prob 1-200yds nothing farther than that. Shooting hogs with it would be 50yds or less. Just gets expensive shooting my .300saum at 30+ hogs a year. I appreciate the offer with the help

sleepr71

Great White...I’ve killed 150+ lb hogs at 300 yds with various AR’s (5.56). A 55gr Barnes tsx will penetrate thru & thru out to 250(broadside)..and a Nosler Partition is potent as well. If I can make a neck,or broadside lung shot..a 5.56 AR is a bad dude. No need in that SAUM & $3.00 apiece shells!

great white

Great White...I’ve killed 150+ lb hogs at 300 yds with various AR’s (5.56). A 55gr Barnes tsx will penetrate thru & thru out to 250(broadside)..and a Nosler Partition is potent as well. If I can make a neck,or broadside lung shot..a 5.56 AR is a bad dude. No need in that SAUM & $3.00 apiece shells!
Yea I know, it’s just my go to gun unless I’m sitting in the clearcut, then it’s my browning.just always looking for something different