Kolomoki Indian Festival

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
A bunch of us will be in Blakely Ga. demonstratin` primitive skills all day Saturday at Kolomoki Mounds State Park durin` their Indian Festival. If any of yall are in the area, stop by and say howdy and introduce yourself.

Handgunner

What town, Blakely? When does it start?

Doubt we can make it though, gonna try to put some food plots in the ground.

With as much rain has fell in the last two days, I'm thinking 5 pounds of uncle Bens and about 45 of wild... :rofl:

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Yea, it`s in Blakely, about 55 or so miles west of Albany in Early County. It starts at 9 in the mornin` and last till around 4 or so that evenin`. If you can come on over, we always have a fine ol time. My son will be lettin` folks throw his tomahawks and there will be brain-tannin` of deerskins, flintknappin`, hand drill and flint and steel fire, ancient weapons demos, basketry and weavin`, pottery makin`, and a bunch of other stuff.

Handgunner

Man I wish I could make it... been wanting to see that for a long time now. :banginghe

LJay

Retired Mod
Man I wish I could make it. I love Kolomoki Mounds. Went there when I was a kid, took my kid, and my grandkids down there. What a great place.