Kubota 3901DT tractor- New purchase

GR1

Good evening. I am interested in buying a new Kubota 3901DT tractor (FWD) with FEL. Does anyone have a suggestion on buying from a Kubota dealer. This will be my first new tractor. Others have been purchased used from individuals. Anyway to know cost margins... fair price, etc?

Thanks in advance.

GR1

tree cutter 08

If buying new i call around and compare prices. Take the lowest price to the dealer you want to trade with and see what they will do. I usually try to get lowest price then mention if they will add this or that then we have a deal. I hate to bicker back as forth a lot. If I want a bargain i will buy used. If I want something that I am going to keep for a while and don't want any questions or maintenance or abuse i buy new. Don't mind paying a fair price but don't want to get burned either. With that being said I don't know markup or profit margin on new tractors. Look at the used market of what your buying less than a year old and compare prices. I'd rather give 30k for new vs 27k for 1 year old with 100 hrs.

GR1

If buying new i call around and compare prices. Take the lowest price to the dealer you want to trade with and see what they will do. I usually try to get lowest price then mention if they will add this or that then we have a deal. I hate to bicker back as forth a lot. If I want a bargain i will buy used. If I want something that I am going to keep for a while and don't want any questions or maintenance or abuse i buy new. Don't mind paying a fair price but don't want to get burned either. With that being said I don't know markup or profit margin on new tractors. Look at the used market of what your buying less than a year old and compare prices. I'd rather give 30k for new vs 27k for 1 year old with 100 hrs.
Thank you for the advice.

Dirtroad Johnson

Don't go by (Horse Power) alone, go to tractor data & compare models. Some are more beefed up than others . More HP don't mean stronger tractor. Tractordata.com will tell you where the muscle is.

K80Shooter

If I was you I'd look at the L3560, it's a lot more tractor than the 3901.

Possum

Banned
I got same tractor. Def call around difference of $3,000-4,000 between different dealers (on a package deal).
I bought from from the dealer in Carnesville and felt like they treated me good and I got a good deal.
The land pride bush hog is junk but it was in the package price.
The 20’ trailer is good and I’m happy with the tractor itself. Does what I need it to.

stringmusic

If you’re not stuck on a Kubota, compare the 3901 to the 1538 mahindra, and see what the numbers tell you.

I just bought a new 1538 mahindra after hours and hours of research and YouTube watching and comparing. One of my biggest issues was the DPF filters and mahindra is the only tractor in that size you can buy right now that doesn’t have them.

I ordered from Fredricks outdoors in Decatur Al, didn’t have to pay sales tax and they also deliver up to 500 miles for free.

Bought the tractor, 6 ft rotary cutter, 6ft box blade, 20 disk harrow and 18 ft tandem axle trailer with brakes for $26,600 and they dropped it off at my front door.

walters

Might wanna look at kioti also, I was looking at Kubota, but u have to pay extra for tires u pay extra for quick detach bucket, get it all for same price on kioti, mine has done great and they make there on motors just like Kubota, kioti also has alot more open floor boards

660griz

I got my L4701 from Mason Tractor in McDonough. Fair deal and they were actually responsive to my request. Also, they delivered for free.
Make sure you know what you are getting in the package deals. I wanted the 'clutched' cutter and not a sheer pin. Quick attach bucket, QH 3 point.

limbhanger

Bought a Kubota L3200 package deal in 2012. Six years later I have no complaints, solid tractor and does work that I would not expect a 32HP to do. The L3901 is a good tractor. Thought about trading up to the L3901 but mine is paid for..... Buy a Kubota and don't look back. Good Luck!

mdgmc84

I've dealt with James Short in Carnesville and Perrin in Tifton a good bit over the past few years with my projects at UGA. They both have always provided top notch service. Although I've never dealt with them, I know a lot of people like Southern Tractor and Outdoors in Moultrie also.

HoCoLion91

I bought the same model last year fro Kubota dealer here in Dothan, AL. Got a 5ft bush hog, 5 ft disk, box blade, all Land Pride and 20Ft LMC trailer as package deal, financed for 60 months no interest with Kubota. Have enjoyed it, plenty of horse power for 5 ft implements. Land Pride equipment is top notch and well built will last a lifetime. Picture in my avatar