Kudzumotorsports

merc123

Had my first race today with my new car. What a day. Spent all day in the rain Sat getting ready. I pull up on the scales at the track 15 mins before hotlaps and try to go but lose my clutch. Something happened to my hydraulic TOB so I run without the clutch. Put my brakes on 50/50 and head out for heat race. I go in turn one and hit the brakes to turn and push right into the wall. Get going and take it easy through 3 and 4. I figure I didnt run it hard enough so I go all out and hit brakes again and push again. This time harder. I finally adjusted all the way to back brakes and slammed on them, almost turned into the tow truck cleaning up a wreck :) . I mangeled the bumper, bumper mount bar, RF wheel, maybe balljoint and spindle. Ive got about 2 inches of toe out on RF when LF is straight. Oh well lesson learned but it was FUN! I've got some pics coming.

RacinNut

Racing is a hard sport, sounds to me like you should have got it fixed before you went out on the track, but you got to do what you got to do, get it right next week.

Did you race at sugar creek? I race crate late models at Talladega short track, Dixie and Rome speedways. I would install a RF brake cut off switch or just remove the RF brake all together. I keep mine on 3 wheel all the time and start out with about 70% rear on the brake adjuster and as the race goes on and the track dries out, I start putting more front brake in it.

merc123

Yep, that's where I was.

I've got the RF cut off also. Since I'm learning I keep it on 4-wheel brakes. I just had it figured out backwards when I "traced" the brake lines on the master cylinders.

Latest posts