KY - Daniel Boone NF or LBL

Swamprat

Swamprat
Thinking of doing an out of state hunt next year in KY.

Anybody ever hunt these two places. Not looking for areas but general feedback.

Based on their game check numbers Daniel Boone NF seems to have the birds but that could be in relation to it's size.

Thanks

I’ve hunted both the DBNF and LBL. Both are good places to hunt. The terrain is easier at LBL just look at a topomap of DBNF it is rough in some areas. If you have time like a week or more you can find good numbers of birds in not to steep areas of DBNF but without prior scouting or a starting point from someone that’s hunted there it can be a little overwhelming. Anywhere on LBL can be as good as another, you will have ALOT of others hunting LBL most days so there’s more competition. I’m sure some areas of the DB never get hunted. I prefer the DBNF myself

blong

We hunted DB this past spring and got on a few birds but it was tough and tons of pressure! Had a friend working a bird in a hollow and I stayed on the road to let people know he was in there. Before it was over , 5 other hunters went in on him! We were near Laurel lake.

TomC

Drove through LBL and some of DBF last week. Think I'd take a boat and my bass rods in addition to the shotgun and head towards LBL. I'm sure you'll have a good time no matter the choice! Some beautiful country!!!

Pressure can get bad on DBNF especially close to camping areas and the lakes I’ve found you have to get away from the tourist areas and the small areas surrounded by private land don’t get as much pressure.

Tadder

We were in London Ky. 6-20,24th and saw gobblers still struten with hens, 2 struters 5 hens.

Arrow3

Ive hunted LBL the last 2 springs. I killed a gobbler the 1st year and my buddy killed one this year. We are going somewhere different this year. Id be glad to help you with some places if you decide to go that route.