Kydex Holster?

krizia829

Anyone know where I can find a kydex holster for my Smith & Wesson M&P 22 Compact that will not break the bank? I can't seem to find any! A Blackhawk Serpa style holster would be fine as well. Doesn't matter if it's IWB or OWB.. I don't want nylon or leather.. Thank you!!

hunter rich

Check out Wolf Hollow Tactical
He does great work and is right here in Carrolton,GA.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I would not want a solid kydex holster. My EDC for my Glock 23 is an IWB Aegis Shield kydex/leather. Pure Kydex would be too uncomfortable to wear. I have a couple of solid kydex holsters. I never use them.

pdsniper

Hers one I made for my Walther and a member on here for his P22, I prefer leather over Kydex because its quit,I learned that from my best friend who was a SEAL with Team 2 when I made gear for the guys in his platoon out of Kydex they would wrap OD duct tape all over it to make it quit so then I started using Latigo leather which holds up in all weather conditions, there is a guy in Florida Andrews leather that builds outstanding holsters I would check his web site

Attachments

• p 22 holster.jpg
    p 22 holster.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 6

normaldave

GON Weatherman
I really like the Fobus holster, (Israeli military supplier), very light and comfortable, paddle style, adjustable retention to your liking for safety and quick access, a quick, but firm pull releases it, otherwise it won't slip or fall out as you move around. Rides high, can wear it seated in the truck, t-shirt conceal in warmer weather. Academy Sports stocks them, but the best deal I've found is Wal Mart site to store: (no they don't stock them in store).
Fobus Evolution SWMP Wal Mart order

Fobus Mfr. Specs
media.nl

transfixer

Hers one I made for my Walther and a member on here for his P22, I prefer leather over Kydex because its quit,I learned that from my best friend who was a SEAL with Team 2 when I made gear for the guys in his platoon out of Kydex they would wrap OD duct tape all over it to make it quit so then I started using Latigo leather which holds up in all weather conditions, there is a guy in Florida Andrews leather that builds outstanding holsters I would check his web site

+1 on Andrews Leather, I own two of his McDaniel iwb holsters, and one of his carjacker holsters, excellent quality, not necessarily cheap, but well worth the money, I've owned the McDaniels for over 20yrs, still in good shape, much more comfortable than Kydex !

krizia829

Not knocking your taste in material or anything, but can I ask why only kydex?
I'm not a big fan of nylon holsters and leather is just expensive.. The few nylon ones i've owned broke easily and when I got my kydex for my M&P Shield 6 years ago, I haven't changed it since! I love the material and how lightweight it is

normaldave

GON Weatherman
Ozark holsters often recommended for kydex and leather holsters.

transfixer

I'm not a big fan of nylon holsters and leather is just expensive.. The few nylon ones i've owned broke easily and when I got my kydex for my M&P Shield 6 years ago, I haven't changed it since! I love the material and how lightweight it is

Kydex will last that's for sure, and its lightweight, I don't mind them for owb holsters, but for iwb they aren't comfortable for me, and they are noisy if that is ever a concern ! if I were skinny as a rail they might work, but the older I get the "less skinny" I am , lol, so leather is much more comfortable

p.s. nylon holsters are almost worthless in my opinion, only good for someone who occasionally carries when in the woods or outdoors, none of them are very secure, I cringe every time I see some guy carrying in an owb nylon holster, walking around with the gun flopping with every step.

krizia829

I would not want a solid kydex holster. My EDC for my Glock 23 is an IWB Aegis Shield kydex/leather. Pure Kydex would be too uncomfortable to wear. I have a couple of solid kydex holsters. I never use them.
I have a solid kydex holster for my M&P Shield and I love it! Had it for 6 years now and never had an issue with it. It's the only one I use for edc. For hunting, I open carry it in a blackhawk serpa holster

krizia829

I really like the Fobus holster, (Israeli military supplier), very light and comfortable, paddle style, adjustable retention to your liking for safety and quick access, a quick, but firm pull releases it, otherwise it won't slip or fall out as you move around. Rides high, can wear it seated in the truck, t-shirt conceal in warmer weather. Academy Sports stocks them, but the best deal I've found is Wal Mart site to store: (no they don't stock them in store).
Fobus Evolution SWMP Wal Mart order

Fobus Mfr. Specs
media.nl

I've tried looking for it for this gun in specific and I can't seem to find it. They're a great company for the price! I have a double mag holster for my shield from that brand but I don't think too many companies make it for the M&P 22 Compact.. :(

krizia829

Kydex will last that's for sure, and its lightweight, I don't mind them for owb holsters, but for iwb they aren't comfortable for me, and they are noisy if that is ever a concern ! if I were skinny as a rail they might work, but the older I get the "less skinny" I am , lol, so leather is much more comfortable

p.s. nylon holsters are almost worthless in my opinion, only good for someone who occasionally carries when in the woods or outdoors, none of them are very secure, I cringe every time I see some guy carrying in an owb nylon holster, walking around with the gun flopping with every step.
Hahaha I'm nowhere near skinny so I know the struggle :LOL: I found that for me, the 3:00 position works great. I used to appendix carry when I was thinner but then I got pinched one day when I sat down and never went back lol and I agree 100% on the nylon holsters.. That's what I keep the 22 in just so it doesn't get messed up in my range bag but for the range when i'm able to use a holster, i'd rather get a good one

normaldave

GON Weatherman
?
The link I posted was the Fobus SWMP, paddle, right hand, fits S/W M&P compact 22. Isn't that what you are looking for? (Wal mart description not complete, but it is the model SWMP, $ 20.55 site to store, look it up on the fobus website)
Fobus SWMP

This product has the following fits:
CZ P-06
Diamondback DB FS Nine
Smith & Wesson M&P .45 Compact & Full Size
Smith & Wesson M&P 22 Compact
Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm & .40 Compact & Full Size
Smith & Wesson M&P M2.0 .45
Smith & Wesson M&P M2.0 9mm & .40
Smith & Wesson M&P Pro 9mm .40 .45 Compact & Full size (Standard Sights Only)
Smith & Wesson SD9 VE & SD40 VE

krizia829

?
The link I posted was the Fobus SWMP, paddle, right hand, fits S/W M&P compact 22. Isn't that what you are looking for? (Wal mart description not complete, but it is the model SWMP, $ 20.55 site to store, look it up on the fobus website)
Fobus SWMP

This product has the following fits:
CZ P-06
Diamondback DB FS Nine
Smith & Wesson M&P .45 Compact & Full Size
Smith & Wesson M&P 22 Compact
Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm & .40 Compact & Full Size
Smith & Wesson M&P M2.0 .45
Smith & Wesson M&P M2.0 9mm & .40
Smith & Wesson M&P Pro 9mm .40 .45 Compact & Full size (Standard Sights Only)
Smith & Wesson SD9 VE & SD40 VE
I'll double check! I guess I never noticed! Thank you!!

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Here is one I made from parts from White Hat Holsters for my full size 1911. I cut out some cow hide I had and screwed the parts to it. It is very comfortable and sometimes I forget I am wearing it.

Attachments

• iwb 3 .JPG
    iwb 3 .JPG
    243.5 KB · Views: 8
  • MY ACII 1 .JPG
    MY ACII 1 .JPG
    273.7 KB · Views: 8

krizia829

Here is one I made from parts from White Hat Holsters for my full size 1911. I cut out some cow hide I had and screwed the parts to it. It is very comfortable and sometimes I forget I am wearing it.
nice!! looks like a crossbreed holster! looks very comfortable too!

Capt Quirk

I'll agree, nylon isn't worth it, but you might be surprised how affordable leather can be. I'm not sure what anybody else charges, but leather holsters can be pretty affordable. You want small and simple, or you can get fancy and pricey.

1982ace

Look up cobra gun skin. They have a owb that fits really tight to your side.
I really like mine