Ladner BMC's ??

greg_n_clayton

Bumping this thread after bringing home a hopefully smaller male puppy from the Kennels of Curt Ladner !! He has been here just a couple of days now, and I can already tell this dog is going to be special !!

stonecreek

Good luck. Use my Weatherford BMC on hogs and both Ladners are tree dogs. Top notch breed and the Ladners are a special line of them. Richard

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Bumping this thread after bringing home a hopefully smaller male puppy from the Kennels of Curt Ladner !! He has been here just a couple of days now, and I can already tell this dog is going to be special !!

post pics!

Hillbilly stalker

^^^^^^^^yes.....pictures of BMC's are mandatory. Especially pups with children.

stonecreek

Have posted some of my Ladners on tree. My Weatherford on hogs. My profile pic is a Weatherford on coyote. Richard

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Posting these for Greg! I can't the video to upload unless it's on an online hosting site that allows embedding.

Attachments

• IMG957830.jpg
    IMG957830.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG957884.jpg
    IMG957884.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 194

greg_n_clayton

Thank you Steve. OK..a Ladner Cur along with the special ones in my life !! I wish the video would work, but then I might have might have got some backlash f him chasing down the little one and getting him by the shirt tail !! I can tell you...for fact...that very smart, obedient, loyal dogs come out of Curt Ladner's yard !!

greg_n_clayton

Playing with the little ones is his happy time as a 9 week old pup !! I would suggest such...interaction if you consider a pup from Curt. There are very very protective of the home front !! This little guy, the other night while we were out back letting him do his business, winded something. At 8 1/2 weeks, the hair from between his ears to his tail stood straight up !

Hillbilly stalker

Man yeah ! You have a heck uva good looking team there ! In 6 months you won’t be able to seperate them two. That’s a great picture

I had one.

He was the meanest dog I ever owned.

I would never own a Ladner BMC again.

The dog had characteristics of inbreeding and other major emotional issues.

To each their own but one of those dogs will never be in my kennel again.

NO WAY WOULD I EVER trust one of these dogs around children either.

Hillbilly stalker

Man I hate that you had that experience with one. That's one in a million. Most every story you hear and everyone you will speak to will testify to the polar opposite. There are a lot of factors that go into dog behavior. They are very energetic dogs that need a job to do, or be hunted. A lot of exercise is in order. They are very protective of children usually. Who you got the dog from, at what age, how it was treated and how much it has been socialized has tons to do with the way they behave. One left mostly in a pen and not exposed to people or the outside world will be touchy. I wouldn't put up with a mean one for 5 minutes tho. There are always a chance of getting ahold of an inbred one, but in all fairness any inbred dog is going to have major issues. You cannot judge them all by one dog.

Well if its one in a million I should buy a power-ball ticket because all of the dogs from that litter are either dead of natural causes or got lead poisoning within 3 years. I spoke to 4 of the other owners of dogs from that litter. All of them said the same thing.

It could have just been a bad litter.

stonecreek

Hate that happened with that litter. Have owned a couple and hunted behind a few others with good results with the exception of 1 Ladner that a preacher brought to a hog hunt over in Richland. Dog was real queer acting and kept brushing the other dogs looking for trouble. Ruined the hunt. A couple months later the preacher tried to give me dog, pen etc... needless to say I turned him down. Oddly enough the preacher who was recently divorced committed suicide up in Macon. Don't know or care what happened to the dog. Richard

Blackston

There are always a chance of getting ahold of an inbred one, but in all fairness any inbred dog is going to have major issues. You cannot judge them all by one dog.[/QUOTE]

I always liked mine a little tight

greg_n_clayton

John Henry is coming right alone !! After talking with Curt about what wanted, expecting and was going to use him for !! He is exceeding my expectations !! He is treeing with his feet on the tree !! I may put him on a pig, but that is not what I bought him for. I got him as a companion and tree dog. But if he will bay and not catch, which is what I prefer, then I will let him have him some fun in that area too !! Too early to tell since our training season opens tomorrow the 1st on public lands. I would say we will know more before the end of the weekend !!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't been around many of them, but I can say with certainty that Greg_n_Clayton's cur pup John Henry is a heckuva dog. Smart, obedient, just an all-around great pup. Couldn't ask for a better one, IMO.

greg_n_clayton

I haven't been around many of them, but I can say with certainty that Greg_n_Clayton's cur pup John Henry is a heckuva dog. Smart, obedient, just an all-around great pup. Couldn't ask for a better one, IMO.
John Henry says thank you Mr Steve !! And that he enjoyed meeting everybody !!

Jester896

Senior Clown
Curt and Ms T are good folks...doubt that it was ever their intent to make a bad litter.