Ladner BMC's ??

i've got a halfer. the dame was the blackmouth and the sire was a plott. hes still under a year but is getting better and better by the day. i got high hopes anyway.

rivercritter

my dogs are weatherford/ladner or i should say someone elses dogs i priced them 2 a fella 2day and he pulled the money out i think im gonna be sick.

caughthog1

The best dog I have owned was a Ladner gyp, she was smaller build probly 40lbs soaking wet. She yipped if one broke but had a GREAT nose. One of the best rig dogs I have hunted with too.

booth3

Banned
The best dog I have owned was a Ladner gyp, she was smaller build probly 40lbs soaking wet. She yipped if one broke but had a GREAT nose. One of the best rig dogs I have hunted with too.

:huh: guess in not the only one that's had a barking yellow dog:rofl::rofl:

Jester896

Senior Clown
It's been pointed out that I don't know squat...so just askin:huh:
a dog that yips when a hog breaks usually quiets down after a moment or two and that is a is far cry (no pun intended)from semi-open or open isn't it?:huh:

Lukethedrifter

I started buying Ladner Curs from L.H about 15 years ago. I bought them as tree dogs as I was using Plotts for big game. I still have both breeds. The Ladner Curs make fantastic Hog, bear, coon and squirell dogs. I use them more on hogs here in Ga since the tracks of land I hunt have gotten a little smaller. They dont tend to go as deep looking for a track as my Plotts do when free casted. However, they will take a track as long as they need to once struck. They also make great rig dogs. This is just my personal opinion, but the Trap bred dogs tend to do a little better on big game than the other lines. The Duke bred dogs on the other hand tend to make better tree dogs. Again this is just my opinion. They are also very loyal pets and are as smart a dog as I have ever owned. Most are very gritty too, which is a trait that some like and some dont. I however like a gritty dog. Hope this helps and happy hunting. Ray

Brad F

Just a question, but how do these dogs do as a family dog. I am looking for at different breeds for the next family dog. I don't hound hunt but do live in a rural area. I want something that will get out with me, be a family dog and still be social. Also, my dogs tend to be about 75% inside and 25% outside dogs so they would have to behave in the house when I am not home. I currently have a lab but, like I said, I am exploring other options and breeds.

Lukethedrifter

These dogs make great family dogs. They are not overly protective to the point that you cant trust them. They are very good at being able to discern a welcomed guest from a threat. They are great with children. I cant attest to how they would do inside, but im sure with plenty of exercise they would be good inside dogs too. The most important thing to understand about the Ladner Cur is intellegence and drive. They are extremely intellegent and also have a very high drive to hunt and please.

Stick

Not an attempt to hi-jack here, but I was wondering if someone could point me to some reputable breeders? I know very little about these dogs, but have heard good things and am looking for a family/tracking dog. Prefer a smaller build. Ya'll seem to be in the know......well, except for Jester...::ke:

Jester896

Senior Clown
These dogs make great family dogs. They are not overly protective to the point that you cant trust them. They are very good at being able to discern a welcomed guest from a threat. They are great with children. I cant attest to how they would do inside, but im sure with plenty of exercise they would be good inside dogs too. The most important thing to understand about the Ladner Cur is intellegence and drive. They are extremely intellegent and also have a very high drive to hunt and please.

I wish mine was able to tell the difference in welcomed and a threat...treats them all the same...how he would behave inside...I will tell you right now he would mark everthing in sight...don't think he would if I taught him not to:D..he's OK around children...he is a little rough with smaller ones...not his intent tho...they do need plenty of exercise....mine can actually leave the ground...make a complete circle in the air and land just like he took off...and ready to go again..and does..I am waiting to see if he can make two complete ones and land like that...he can also leave the ground straight upward and touch his back on the kennel cover...intellegence:huh:...is that what makes him able to run full speed from across the yard..and through my legs while I am walking without hardly touching me..or knocking me down...yea..he has to know I am going to:whip: dat :nono::nono::nono: if he does knock me down...right:huh:...his aim to please is even better than the other aim he has. You will find those characteristics in a lot of the cur breeds

Last edited: