Lake Lanier - Please help me find my stolen boat!!!

Get a flyer down to Hammonds with a pic of the boat and a small reward for info. Any live bait stores put a flyer.
I text 3 buddies a pic that live on/near the lake that i know are out on the lake this time of year. One will be fishing all day tomorrow. He is retired LE with great eyes. He is fishing chest/hooch area and knowing him he will take a few extra miles looking for your boat.

AWESOME. thank you! And YES, there is a reward. Got a flyer out already at hammonds and Oakwood and heading to Shirley’s today!

Boat FOUND!!

I shared this on facebook. Someone named Kyle Davis said he saw this boat, or one very similar, tied up at the new community dock in Squirrel Creek.

I read this as soon as I woke up and of course just went to squirrel creek in the dark but your friend was right—its THERE!! Holy cow, I owe you a reward—please PM me so I can get in touch, this is the best morning of my life, even if it’s trashed (they ripped the speakers out, stole the stereo and all our neoprene suits and even ripped the front light off...) it’s HERE. I knew they couldn’t get far with it but it’s so hard to look without another boat. The people on this thread are AMAZING!

Anvil Head

"Wisdom of the Crowd" - today's technology works pretty good in this direction. Congrats on getting your boat back.
Now if someone can catch the jerks in the act.....that would be gravy.

Coenen

Glad this thread had a happy ending!

Assuming you contacted Law Enforcement, did they have anything helpful to say?

Dirtroad Johnson

I read this as soon as I woke up and of course just went to squirrel creek in the dark but your friend was right—its THERE!! Holy cow, I owe you a reward—please PM me so I can get in touch, this is the best morning of my life, even if it’s trashed (they ripped the speakers out, stole the stereo and all our neoprene suits and even ripped the front light off...) it’s HERE. I knew they couldn’t get far with it but it’s so hard to look without another boat. The people on this thread are AMAZING!

:cheers: Glad you got your boat back.

Huntin Nole

Awesome to hear you got it back. Karma will take care of those theives eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
How awesome is that? That's what makes this place so great....Party on the dock!

Rick Alexander

This is hilarious

Assuming you contacted Law Enforcement, did they have anything helpful to say?

Law enforcement actually doesn't think investigating things like this are important enough to waste their time on. Got to get back to the expressway to write more speeding tickets you know. No money in investigating recovered property.

Been there -

Coenen

Law enforcement actually doesn't think investigating things like this are important enough to waste their time on. Got to get back to the expressway to write more speeding tickets you know. No money in investigating recovered property.

Been there -
Me too, that's why I asked. When I was in college, literally every house on our block got broken in to, some of them twice. Barney Fife and Co. barely even showed interest in stopping it from happening. That's a hard lesson to learn when someone tosses your house and steals pretty much everything of value. Them's the breaks, I guess.

SLa2Ga

Getting your boat back is reward enough. Join the Lake Lanier Boaters Group on Facebook. The members there are responsible for locating your boat.

I will be fishing on Lanier in the next couple of weeks. If I see your boat, I'll stop and say hi.