Lake Rabun

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
I'm going to be visiting lake Rabun soon and was trying to find out if there is a recreational/public beach area on the lake anywhere?

660griz

Yep. Like j_seph pointed to. It is across the street from the campground.

greg_n_clayton

If you can get by without power, the 2nd entrance is within walking distance to the beach.

One other thing me and somebody discussed. There are mo waterfront campsites there. The pictures are kinda deceiving unlesd you dig deeper. The pictures of tables are picnic areas.

blood on the ground

Sorry to be misleading.. We have a cabin on the south end of the lake. I was just curious if there was a beach for my wife and daughter to visit while I fish.

greg_n_clayton

Sorry to be misleading.. We have a cabin on the south end of the lake. I was just curious if there was a beach for my wife and daughter to visit while I fish.
Welcome to the nieghborhood. I know quite a few folks around the lake !! I figure you new to the area or you would have known about the beach !!

greg_n_clayton

You ever fish the river below the Dam?
Yeah. The state record walleye was caught there. If you bass fishin, look at the boat houses. I will get up with ya and take ya to where the honor system blue backs can be got. Bass fishing is better down the lake. Catfishing is good around the narrows. Bream are everywhere as are the perch.

blood on the ground

Yeah. The state record walleye was caught there. If you bass fishin, look at the boat houses. I will get up with ya and take ya to where the honor system blue backs can be got. Bass fishing is better down the lake. Catfishing is good around the narrows. Bream are everywhere as are the perch.
I have access to a flat bottom boat but not sure I will use it. The cabin has a boat house and a nice dock so we could fish there also. I wouldn't mind catching a mess of them purch and cooking them while I'm up there.

greg_n_clayton

I have access to a flat bottom boat but not sure I will use it. The cabin has a boat house and a nice dock so we could fish there also. I wouldn't mind catching a mess of them purch and cooking them while I'm up there.
I fixing to leave for heart Dr appointment in Gainesville. Where is your place at down there and when you coming. I be back after awhile.

Tugted

We are coming up in late july for 4 days & my 14yr old is good fisherman & has never fished Rabun nor have i & wondering if y'all have some tips??

greg_n_clayton

We are coming up in late july for 4 days & my 14yr old is good fisherman & has never fished Rabun nor have i & wondering if y'all have some tips??
Hey stranger ! Been a while !! What yall fishing for ?

blood on the ground

The problem I have is them swallowing my hook ! I read up circle hooks, folks say the smaller ones dont work good.
Yep the downed some of my hooks also.
I thought for sure I would have caught some catfish at night in that cove we were in but nothing.
You ever fish behind seed lake dam? Looked like a good place I just never made it over there.