Lake Seminole, hotel, ramp, fishing?

10sne1

I’m looking to venture out to new fishing lakes! Lake Seminole. But dislike the learning curve involved with the logistics ie, where to stay, ramps and local lake knowledge. I like to earn and learn fishing the lake, but a little help to know local knowledge is always a plus. Like most here I run an Aluminum/tin Boat and range can be an issue, too. I live 5 hours from this lake. Thanks for your input of how to approach, visiting and fishing Lake Seminole. Thanks in advance. Tomm
From central Florida

Last edited:

treadwell

Gator hunted down there a few years ago. BE VERY CAREFULL on that lake. TON's of tree tops just under the water. VERY dangerous to someone that doesn't know the lake.

stumpman35

A lot of the decisions on where to launch depends on what section of the lake you want to fish. Wingate's is on the Flint River side of the lake and has lodging, restaurant, and boat ramps. Some really good fishing around it too. There are several in the Spring Creek area. I used the one called Big Jim's a lot. They have a restaurant and lodging, I think they have changed ownership/name but google should find it. A word of advise is to stay in the channel markers. Grass and trees/stumps every where. This time of year the grass will topped out next to 15ft of water and thick. Good fishing if your patient.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Trails End on the upper end of the lake on the Chattahoochee side is another option. As stated, if you are not inside channel markers, go at idle speed. And be watchful of the occasional floating log anywhere.

Just follow HWY 253 until it dead ends.

ThomasCobb123

A lot of the decisions on where to launch depends on what section of the lake you want to fish. Wingate's is on the Flint River side of the lake and has lodging, restaurant, and boat ramps. Some really good fishing around it too. There are several in the Spring Creek area. I used the one called Big Jim's a lot. They have a restaurant and lodging, I think they have changed ownership/name but google should find it. A word of advise is to stay in the channel markers. Grass and trees/stumps every where. This time of year the grass will topped out next to 15ft of water and thick. Good fishing if your patient.
Wingate's is still operating?
Could you tell who took it over after Jack passed.
Just wondering.

brunofishing

Last I checked it was closed. I am a big fan of Trails End! Good food, cold beer, great fishing with a 2 minute boat ride. And very few stumps in that area!

catch22

fun lake, but as others have stated stay in the markers when running and idle outside. we liked fishing the upper portion near the flint river and we enjoyed spring creek