Land question

splatek

UAEC
Not sure if this is the correct spot to post this: I've been searching various apps, databases, and tax assessors websites/maps looking for possible people to contact in the offseason to ask permission to hunt. I've found what look like several good spots, which I am sure are already spoken for, but I'm still going to ask. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. At any rate, occasionally, I will click on a plot of land and it will come indicating it's not listed as a property, or something like that. So, is it wishful thinking to believe I can park and walk in and start scouting, hunting? Probably. But seriously, does anyone know who i talk to about gaining access to such property otherwise not listed. A few are along major interstates, which I realize would probably be a bad idea to hunt anyhow, but others are in the middle of nowhere.
Thanks in advance for any info.

Edited to remove abreviated profanity.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Could be govt land but that is usually listed as govt. If you could show us an example, perhaps we could help.

westcobbdog

if the land is from around jasper County Monticello and northward I have the real estate software to determine owner info, best if you can give a complete address.
Q Public may be helpful. Also the county in question would likely have a tax assessors website.