Land Survey ?

maker4life

I'm about to get some prices to survey my property. Last one was done in '94 but the lines haven't been kept up and the fire break has pretty much grown up. Now a neighbor is putting flagging on what I know is my side.

It's ten acres and fairly thick anong the lines. I have the plat from the last survey and the description. Anyone had a similar survey done recently? Just wondering what a round about cost I should be expecting.

treemanjohn

Banned
You should have pins in place. Also check to see if your county has GIS data online. It will give you the GPS coordinates of everything

NOYDB

BANNED
Why is your neighbor flagging?

If he is planning a project, he may be willing to split the cost to make sure the project is done right.

Jim Baker

Staff member
I'm about to get some prices to survey my property. Last one was done in '94 but the lines haven't been kept up and the fire break has pretty much grown up. Now a neighbor is putting flagging on what I know is my side.

It's ten acres and fairly thick anong the lines. I have the plat from the last survey and the description. Anyone had a similar survey done recently? Just wondering what a round about cost I should be expecting.

Have you talked with your neighbor to see if he found the corner pins? Find out why he is putting up flags. Is he doing it himself or having a surveyor do it?

His flags don't change anything as far as the property lines unless a surveyor is doing the work. Before I spent money for something that already exists I would ask some question of the neighbor.

maker4life

It's been an ongoing thing. He's not surveyed his. He actually logged his place about two years back. At that point he cut over my line and our neighbor on the back side. He only got a couple of my trees then and I notified him of it. Wasn't a big deal but his guys left a lot of debris on my side and I asked him to clean it up and of course he didn't. Not sure what he has going on now but I feel like I'm going to have to get my line marked good to stop whatever it is.

And I'm pretty sure he's pulled up some pins.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
It's been an ongoing thing. He's not surveyed his. He actually logged his place about two years back. At that point he cut over my line and our neighbor on the back side. He only got a couple of my trees then and I notified him of it. Wasn't a big deal but his guys left a lot of debris on my side and I asked him to clean it up and of course he didn't. Not sure what he has going on now but I feel like I'm going to have to get my line marked good to stop whatever it is.

And I'm pretty sure he's pulled up some pins.

Sounds like all you need is for a surveyor to shoot the common boundary line between you and Mr. McNasty.

Anvil Head

Sounds like all you need is for a surveyor to shoot the common boundary line between you and Mr. McNasty.

This and keep a close eye on the neighbor. Sounds like one of those "I don't care what's recorded on paper, I know where MY line is!" kind of guy. They tend to push until you have to litigate to stop them.

livetohunt

10 acres would be fairly cheap..Unless they have to travel a long ways to get to your property, I would guess $400-500.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
When you get your lines marked I would suggest driving a steel t post next to the pins and then sliding a piece of pvc pipe over it. Makes it easy to find the line if you don't keep it clear. It also makes it easy for your neighbor to see the line.

rayjay

Put up 10 to 20 feet of fence at each corner.

karen936

Head Researcher, McDurdellson Enterprises, Inc.
good luck, I had to get an attorney involved with a neighbor
trying to put his driveway across our land, He already has nice paved roads in front of his building site, He is known for causing troubles up here.

ClemsonRangers

i would get extra pins placed maybe every 50 feet if i was to purchase a new survey, good luck