Lanier - Another Great Day but Worn Out!

Lanier Jim

Tough day on the body today....first, up at 5am and on the water with Rory about 6:30am....off around 11:30. Then on the water with Brandt from 2pm to about 7pm....worn out!

Early trip....Rory and I boated 16-17 with a few coming on topwater (Jim Farmer's Emerald Popper) then drop shot. Fruity Worms in 25'-30' was the ticket. All cookie cutter 1.5# - 2# fish with two pushing 3#.

Afternoon with Hookum....topwater and drop shot again....ended up with over 20 fish with some good ones...3.5#-4# .....but it seemed slow at times. Same thing - sorta.....25' with a few coming a little shallower but then dropped up several out of 38'-40'. Go figure.

Not a bad day....almost 40 fish with a two hour break. Always fun with both these guys....it's been a while since Hookum and I tied up and yes, it was the same trash talking the entire time :) LJ

Attachments

• IMG_20170802_161547503.jpg
    IMG_20170802_161547503.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 559
  • IMG_20170802_174237822.jpg
    IMG_20170802_174237822.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 562

Scout'nStripers

I don't know how Hookem can put up with you for a whole afternoon. Probably had headphones on or something. Sounds like a good day LJ! :cheers:

Hookum

It's easy...I got to pick the spots we fished, and covered the deck in rods so he had to stay in the back.

Funny how he whines about fishing all day. Must be tough getting old. He got mad because I didn't want to drop as much. I wanted the active top water fishes, and he wants to wave a fairy wand. Dude is getting a tutu for his birthday.

Lanier Jim

Wow...all three of you....well, you know what you can do :) That fairy wand will leave scars on you! Hookum is telling you half the truth...he front ended me most of the day....I was casting over his head :rofl:

Funny stuff guys - and 61BelAir - the boat and on here is about the same...just a little cleaner. LJ

Lanier Jim

LoL....I named him "Hole Block Brandt" :) I'm just messing around some...it was good to get back on the water with that hairy dude....always a ton of trash talking.

Hookum

I let you on the front deck, you just got mad when I was casting and catching while you were messing with the dinks. :) Or should we call them Troy fish?

Lanier Jim

Ouch twice! Dang dude - feeling a little frisky today I see :) Come on over...I'll rub your shoulders and back...you can bring the baby oil.

JRDIII

Those fish you were pulling up from 25-40 feet down, did any of them need their air bladders deflated? It seems like a quite a few of the fish I catch that deep (and some much shallower) get inflated from depressurization and can't swim back down after release. So I end up having to use the old trick of putting a hook under a scale and letting the air out.

Lanier Jim

No - the pics were on topwater....all my DS fish went right back in the drink.