Lanier report for the last week w/pics

Scout'nStripers

Since my last post the topwater has gotten even better and we're really getting into those summer patterns. Today pretty much summed up the last week. I started out the morning with a weightless fluke because there was no wind whatsoever. I mainly threw it around the brush in 15+ fow. I caught a few in the 2lb range. As soon as I found a little breeze I broke out the topwater popper and went to work. I fell into this routine of hitting the offshore brush with the popper and then pulling in for the drop shot. It's a 15 minute stop, pop and drop in this heat. If the wind kicks up a little I've been breaking out the big chug bug on them and doing well. Another bait that's starting to do well is the spybait. I'm using a Duo Realis G-fix 80 in the American shad, ghost minnow and ghost pearl and using a 10 count on the retrieve. The size 90 may be working well too, I just haven't thrown it.

Basically, you can try the topwater over the brush, throw a suspended bait over the brush and when you move in on the brush hit them with the drop shot. Water temps took a little dip from the last rain but getting back up there in the low 80's and the wind is your friend. Here's a couple from late last week with a buddy throwing the chug bug.
chug.jpgchug1.jpg