Lanier video from this morning

Grub Master

That's how you do it!!!

Scout'nStripers

Thanks guys! I had so much fun yesterday morning I made another run this morning. Enjoy!

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
NICE! Thanks for sharing, I'll be out on the water this weekend.

Cletus T.

Great couple of videos Jim.......keep posting them!!!!

I need to meet you at the ramp for some pre-work hustle fishing one day soon!!!!

Scout'nStripers

Great couple of videos Jim.......keep posting them!!!!

I need to meet you at the ramp for some pre-work hustle fishing one day soon!!!!
Thanks Cletus. Definitely we'll do it again one day. I'm doing some boater practice for the flw bfl this month so I'll be out a lot. I just gotta quit messing with the stripers. LOL

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Cool vid Jim,
In hartwell there are millions of 2-3 inch threadfins in the backs of the creeks right now. We have caught a few bass and stripers on a fluke jr. The bait that is really working though is a 1/8 or 1/4 oz. crappie jig.

That's awesome. Reminds me of my trip last year about the same time throwing 3.8" Keitech Fat Impacts on a A-Rig. The linesides and spots were just smoking the lure. Seems that was about the same size as those bait fishes posted in the first video. They would not hit the 4.8 Keitechs and 5" super flukes. Great vid and fishing. Happy tugging

Scout'nStripers

Cool vid Jim,
In hartwell there are millions of 2-3 inch threadfins in the backs of the creeks right now. We have caught a few bass and stripers on a fluke jr. The bait that is really working though is a 1/8 or 1/4 oz. crappie jig.
It's like that here in the creeks too. They're so thick at times you just can't help snagging them with a jerkbait. It's hard for me to compete with all that bait.

That's awesome. Reminds me of my trip last year about the same time throwing 3.8" Keitech Fat Impacts on a A-Rig. The linesides and spots were just smoking the lure. Seems that was about the same size as those bait fishes posted in the first video. They would not hit the 4.8 Keitechs and 5" super flukes. Great vid and fishing. Happy tugging
I'll bet that was a blast on a-rigs! I had to slow it down a bit on Friday after the water cooled back down. This big girl was staging and the highlight of the day. The second pic got honorable mention because life's gotta be tough for that little fella. Man, I thought I had back issues!

Attachments

• IMAG1338_1.jpg
    IMAG1338_1.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 1,070
  • IMAG1335.jpg
    IMAG1335.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,085
Last edited:

Worley

Fish

Jim u knew it was coming, I love that sunrise, drag screaming, and a silver fish aboard. I don't think u ever gonna leave those silver fish along, its in your DNA. Great video I enjoyed the journey on film..Great catch of all species !!

Scout'nStripers

Jim u knew it was coming, I love that sunrise, drag screaming, and a silver fish aboard. I don't think u ever gonna leave those silver fish along, its in your DNA. Great video I enjoyed the journey on film..Great catch of all species !!
Thanks Worley. You need to get out there for some of that. You're right, those stripers are like an addiction for me. I try to get away and they just keep calling me back! I went out yesterday to bass fish and wound up targeting them with the jerkbait again. I made a blue colored jerkbait for the bass and the stripers were loving it! There are just so many right now, it's like every creek I went to had stripers surfacing somewhere in the creek. I got 3 good ones just sight fishing them while bass fishing yesterday morning. I'd see them surface and throw the jerkbait, twitch it couple times and they would nail it. We're getting close to a full moon and the fish are getting very aggressive. Thanks again Worley!

JRDIII

Fantastic videos. Thanks for sharing. Was on Lanier today and, unfortunately, didn't have near the results you did last week, but it was a fine time nonetheless.

Scout'nStripers

Fantastic videos. Thanks for sharing. Was on Lanier today and, unfortunately, didn't have near the results you did last week, but it was a fine time nonetheless.
Thanks JRDIII! It's been tough for us for the past few days. Seems like the crankbait bite comes and goes. This morning there was no crankbait bite. I think the moon had them messed up so we just put the dropshot and shakey head on docks to get 5-6 fish. Here's a couple pics from this morning.

Attachments

• IMAG1359.jpg
    IMAG1359.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 574
  • IMAG1357.jpg
    IMAG1357.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 569
  • IMAG1362.jpg
    IMAG1362.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 571

SouthGa Fisher

Thanks JRDIII! It's been tough for us for the past few days. Seems like the crankbait bite comes and goes. This morning there was no crankbait bite. I think the moon had them messed up so we just put the dropshot and shakey head on docks to get 5-6 fish. Here's a couple pics from this morning.

Today was my 2nd time on Lanier since moving up. I caught a few on docks with a shakey head in super shallow water. Also had a big spot smoke a crank bait only to come off while I was trying to lip it...would've been a PB spot no doubt.

It's fun trying to figure this lake out. Much different from the way I grew up fishing.

Scout'nStripers

It's fun trying to figure this lake out. Much different from the way I grew up fishing.
I agree, much different than many other lakes. It is a lot of fun and a challenge to figure out this lake and it's fish. I've been at it for 20 years now and still learning every day. Good luck!