Last night's supper... provided by my 11 year old daughter!

biggdogg

Last Saturday on the youth opener my daughter scored for the second opener in a row on a nice doe. So tonight I turned a shoulder into venison stew ala K80's oven beef stew recipe and fried up the the tenderloin for my daughter. Now I just need o find where her rabbit's foot is stashed and borrow it...FB_IMG_1540210349932.jpgFB_IMG_1540210032082.jpgFB_IMG_1540210027185.jpg

snuffy

Congratulations to you both.
Food looks Great!
Thanks for sharing

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
Lots of Good Stuff in that post!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Good stuff!

naildrvr

Oh yeah! Good lookin eats and congrats to the young lady.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Last Saturday on the youth opener my daughter scored for the second opener in a row on a nice doe. So tonight I turned a shoulder into venison stew ala K80's oven beef stew recipe and fried up the the tenderloin for my daughter. Now I just need o find where her rabbit's foot is stashed and borrow it...View attachment 946622View attachment 946618View attachment 946617

I hope you asked her first if you could cook some of her deer! :bounce:

That stew looks off the chain!

ambush80

Those tenderloins look scrumptious on the hoof!! Those sleek looking hams look delectable, too!! Well shot!

Washtub

Last Saturday on the youth opener my daughter scored for the second opener in a row on a nice doe. So tonight I turned a shoulder into venison stew ala K80's oven beef stew recipe and fried up the the tenderloin for my daughter. Now I just need o find where her rabbit's foot is stashed and borrow it...View attachment 946622View attachment 946618View attachment 946617

Where can I find the beef stew recipe? I searched but didn’t see it.

Looks delicious!

biggdogg

Where can I find the beef stew recipe? I searched but didn’t see it.

Looks delicious!

Stew beef, cream of mushroom soup, tomato soup, onion soup mix, potatoes, mushrooms, celery, baby carrots, onion and a cup of red wine. (if you want you can leave out the wine and use beef stock, Me I'll use the wine, it sampled real good :biggrin2:)

1st I put the stew meat in a casserole dish, add the mushroom soup, tomato soup onion soup mix and wine. Then it goes in the oven for 2 hours at 350 to cook. (Like Justin Wilson say's, sample more wine while waiting :cool:)

Remove from oven after 2 hours

Added veggies then back in oven for 1 hour or until veggies are tender

^^^ Taken directly from K80's original post.

Here ya go!

I double everything and I usually add 1/2 cup or so of beef stock towards the end to thin it out some. Even when I double the recipe, there's rarely any left over...