last trip of year...IL from the tree!

Thread starter #1
Ok folks this is it! Me and bubbabuck are rolling through nashville on the way to southern IL to try and arrow a few more deer.

Bubba has a buck tag and a few doe tags and I have a few doe tags...thats right my buck tag was filled back in nov!!!:p ...so hopefully we will get on them.

BTW we would be a lot further north except that bubba spent an hour and 40 mins sitting at a stand still on 75 north this morn while 2 tractor trailers were laying mangled in front of him! Hopefully thats not an omen

Yall wish us luck.

Later

Thread starter #4
Foreman, I think we are coming home on monday. Ok gotta quit posting cause BB is whing that he needs some sleep and I gotta drive

sawyerrt10

Good Luck! take plenty of pics!!!

turk2di

Foreman, I think we are coming home on monday. Ok gotta quit posting cause BB is whing that he needs some sleep and I gotta drive
Good luck. A reminder: If you kill a big buck, be carefull in grabbing or dragging b4u check to make sure his antlers are not close to comming off!

QTurn

Tell Joe I said hello and to save me one for later this year!!

Good luck guys!!

Thread starter #13
Ok first eve. We are settled in and waiting on the deer.

I am sitting in a 20ft ladder on a lil beat down turnip patch between a lil crp field and a cut corn field. As always up here the tracks are covering every inch of dirt!

Its 40 degrees with a 10mph sse wind.

Bubba is about 200 yards away to my right in a tight wood lot with more crp in front of him.

Hang on I will check in asap

Thread starter #14
1st deer of trip. Lone doe just stepped out of far woodlot @ about 500 yards away. She is feeding on beans it looks like

JT - Are you on the ladder in the ditch close to where I spent the 1st 2 days hunting?

Ought to be plenty in there! Get em boys:bounce:

Surprised ya'll got there so fast, esp. after the N'ville traffic jam. Hope ya'll get a bunch of good chances to fill your tags & that the wind settles down enough to shoot some straight arrows.

Thread starter #20
Artie, its bow.

Jeff...yep same area.

Doe is still over there eating like mad:p