Last week in St Marks...SAD NEWS UPDATE!

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
The floating grass wasn't too bad out on the flats. It bothered us most at Long Bar at the entrance of the river on an incoming tide as the grass seemed to be coming in from the flats. Back inside in the rivers and marshes and bayous we never noticed it. Even on an incoming tide.
I have found a secret weapon that helps me deal with it best when it is most problematic.:biggrin2:

1eyefishing

Our friend, and Browning Slayers good buddy, Dave was found shot to death in his bed this morning. Very strange circumstances, no gun was found. Happened in his little meth town small town in West Virginia.
Browning Slayer is on the road right now headed to the police station to see if he can help in the investigation. He was very familiar with Dave's possessions and habits and friends.
Sad all around.
He was a great guy and I was looking forward to having him on my boat again.
He will join the ranks of the few people gone by that I commonly think about when I'm out of my boat fishing.
Rest well, Dave.

Rabun

Our friend, and Browning Slayers good buddy, Dave was found shot to death in his bed this morning. Very strange circumstances, no gun was found. Happened in his little meth town small town in West Virginia.
Browning Slayer is on the road right now headed to the police station to see if he can help in the investigation. He was very familiar with Dave's possessions and habits and friends.
Sad all around.
He was a great guy and I was looking forward to having him on my boat again.
He will join the ranks of the few people gone by that I commonly think about when I'm out of my boat fishing.
Rest well, Dave.

That is terrible news. I pray for swift justice.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Prayers sent for all.
Hope justice is served.

bany

Terrible news one eye. RIP friend. Prayers to all. The stuff that happens can be so senseless and sickening. Gotta live like everyday is last one but that’s just wrong.

1eyefishing

So I got word a day or so ago from Slayer that the death was ruled accidental. Apparently Dave tripped and fell hard into his bed frame that punctured his forehead. He was actually found in the floor in the puddle of blood with no sign of struggle. So at least he was out like a light and bled out quickly. Hopefully little or no pain involved.
Yes we have to live everyday like it is our last.

maker4life

So sad and a good reminder of just how precious life is.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Yep, that was DT's last fishing trip. Since that fishing trip, my good ol buddy 1Eye has sold me that boat I fished out of last with Dave and now he goes fishing with me whenever that boat hits the water! Which just happen to be Saturday in all that wind on Lanier..

59046868801__39375496-7491-496C-8911-66D41D716E5A.JPG

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
My week of crap has started... worst week of my life... still toasting a beer to my brother..
35FD3869-B01B-43EF-B45D-73E13046C68E.png