Last Week of Summer...Costa Rican Dreams...Pura Vida!

Tight Lines

Stunning! Glad y'all had a great trip!

Out of curiosity, did you ever feel as if you had any safety concerns while visiting there?
Literally not once. I've been to maybe half of Central and South America. Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, Chile, Ecuador, Mexico, El Salvador, Belize and Costa Rica. Of all of those, I felt the safest and never unsafe in any way in Costa Rica and we were all over the northwest. If you were in the capital San Juan, maybe. I'm sure there are typical tourist pick pockets and such, but we never saw anything, and never really saw any police presence except at the national parks which I found odd. Seems like a very cush job.

Vs. Mexico and El Salvador it was the polar opposite. I feel more unsafe getting gas in Buckhead or going to the the Benz than I ever did in Costa Rica.

Last edited:

turkeykirk

Looked like a great trip!

Tight Lines

Thanks for sharing.:clap::clap::clap: One my bucket list for a long time. My grandfather was a civil engineer on the Panama Canal. My grandmother said it was the best time of her life while living there back in the day. She talked about Costa Rica a lot and she's been all over the world.
That's pretty cool!

Tight Lines

The resort had a pile of raccoons and coatis. The coatis are hilarious little animals, and travel with several moms and the offspring...so 15-20 of them, 3-4 adults and a pile of kits are scurrying about, chattering, eating anything they can find...they appear cute, but I am sure they a feisty too...we saw them almost every night...

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I’m glad you think it’s funny. I sure didn’t.