Laurens County Rut

BBDJR

Just wanting to see who hunts in laurens county and if you have seen any chasing yet? my brother saw a basket 8 chasing a doe 2 weeks ago but that was all the rut activity we had seen. Thought it was early but hopefully this cold snap with good weather after the full moon will get it kicked off!! i know im ready if they are!! :shoot::shoot::fine:

BBDJR

seeing if anyone has info this week. we were in the woods last w/e and it was all small bucks chasing. not one person saw a shooter chasing.

Bladeslinger

Laurens Co.

I hunt down in Dexter, the bucks this past weekend were cruising and a few chasing but they seem to be getting close to going wide open. Alot of mide day sightings and early mornings. Good Luck:flag:

Hankus

Little bucks crusing and trying to chase. Heard bout 30 shots Sat mornin. Felt like I was on public land so maybe they are rutting, but not hard where I hunt.

BBDJR

yep exactly what we went through. lots of shots around us and we were seeing deer but not the ones we are looking for. i think from now till the end november will be great!!

A lot of bucks seen pushing does last week. My buddy shot a huge 8. It should be a good weekend coming up. Most of the does being pushed were not hot but some have been seen. Usually this is the weekend where most activity is seen weather permitted.

Hankus

They must be starting soon. Everybody with camo on at Wal had a bottle or 2 of tinks today.

Marshall R

I hunt the east end of Laurens.

This little guy was pushing a doe and she came right by me and my son in a two man ladder stand. This was his second deer, but his first buck. I have been with him in the same stand for both of his deer kills and man, he gets so excited, that I get just as bad with him.

106_0193.jpg

I have seen 4 different bucks chasing does on the way to hunting, crossing the road and of coarse, this one my son took. I have a friend that has seen the same as well (several sightings of bucks chasing). I think it is getting about as close to hard chasing right now as it will get. They are about to start locking down with the receptive does and sightings will start to decline I am afraid.

My 2 cents.

Marshall

Hankus

Hey Marshall R that shot from Ronnies?

HUNTERBOB

Hunted all day didn't see a thing not cleaning out scrapes any more .did see where the slobs have been dumping bodies again even found a doe shot right next to the house .we really need to have open season on these morons.anyone else having these issues?

kevincox

I think quite a few does are in loc-down mode with bucks right now. Hunting is slow and thats usually the problem

BBDJR

Hunted all day didn't see a thing not cleaning out scrapes any more .did see where the slobs have been dumping bodies again even found a doe shot right next to the house .we really need to have open season on these morons.anyone else having these issues?

man we have the same problem. i found a blue barrel turned over on the side of a dirt road by our property line and it had 2-3 carcasses in it. 200 yards away there was a shot hog. and then right down from that was just another full body deer with the horns cut off. small body at least!! but dang ya know!!

bnew17

man we have the same problem. i found a blue barrel turned over on the side of a dirt road by our property line and it had 2-3 carcasses in it. 200 yards away there was a shot hog. and then right down from that was just another full body deer with the horns cut off. small body at least!! but dang ya know!!

sounds like my property off scotland rd... some sorry folk live out that way

greene_dawg

My folks live off of 19 (rock springs)... We go there every year for Thanksgiving. Is the rut winding down then? My folks only own 10 acres and room for one stand but it is surrounded by some larger tracts. We don't usually see much. I'd really like to find some land to hunt just for a couple of days that week with my daughter but that's easier said than done.

BBDJR

My folks live off of 19 (rock springs)... We go there every year for Thanksgiving. Is the rut winding down then? My folks only own 10 acres and room for one stand but it is surrounded by some larger tracts. We don't usually see much. I'd really like to find some land to hunt just for a couple of days that week with my daughter but that's easier said than done.

we have had some good deer killed thanksgiving w/e before. it usually is winding down but there are a few bucks who havent gotten lucky yet. if you are surrounded by larger tracts there should be deer around. lots of deer in laurens.