Lawn sod

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
The cheapest sod you can buy..Surely you have heard of builder grade being that you have built hundreds of houses? What's the name of your Company? Must be a high end home builder since you don't know what builder grade is.

900 houses or so and I have developed 1,000's of lot.

I have heard of builder grade(as in cheap fixtures). I just never heard of builder grade sod. I do not think there is such a thing in Georgia at the present time, or in the past couple of decades.

I doubt a sod farm would waste the time trying to sell a cheap strain of Bermuda when that actual grass is the cheap part of the deal. Land, equipment, water, chemicals and labor are were the vast majority of their costs are.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Bermuda is not cheap anymore...

There is some new types out now that is very$ Bermuda

I have spec'd Celebration Bermuda on exclusive sites before. It is an amazing shade tolerant deep green sod that is about as tough as it gets, if you want to pay more for Bermuda than Zoysia. It all depends on the application.

DAWG1419

900 houses or so and I have developed 1,000's of lot.

I have heard of builder grade(as in cheap fixtures). I just never heard of builder grade sod. I do not think there is such a thing in Georgia at the present time, or in the past couple of decades.

I doubt a sod farm would waste the time trying to sell a cheap strain of Bermuda when that actual grass is the cheap part of the deal. Land, equipment, water, chemicals and labor are were the vast majority of their costs are.

I been running my landscape company for 19yrs and landscaped 100’s of house in newton and Walton County and there is no builder grade sod. No such thing. Now there is certified Bermuda but the price is still the same. $125 is the cheapest bermuda I can buy with a delivery fee if we buy under 18 pallets. We just did a job up in Hull 2 weeks ago and bought our sod in bostwick. He’s a little bit more per pallet. Used to buy sod for $60 a pallet when we started. 419 bermuda is probably what he is talking about but IDK.
Zoyzia is 10x the grass bermuda is. For double the price.