Lazik Eye surgery experiences

TurkeyCreek

After putting it off for years, I am scheduled for surgery this coming Thursday. The doctor is recommending adjusting my right eye for distance and the left for reading so that I wont need to use reading glasses. I am still wondering if having each eye focusing different is going to be a problem.

I've had one guy tell me it is great. Anyone else had lazik done this way?

Thanks.

Where are you going for your surgery? Do you know how big the laser is? Is it a 6mm or an 8mm laser??

FishingAddict

I don't know, but make sure that you are going to a very experianced doctor.

Don't go to the cheap ones!

dark horse

A sportsman in my opinion should never have monovision lasik. In doing so, your depth perception will be permanently reduced. Your depth perception is very important in all sporting activities. At the very least have the surgeon perform a trial wearing contact lenses with the proposed final prescription before making your decision.

Brent

davidhelmly

I agree with the non-mono vision. I had it done about 5-6 years ago and the doctor asked me if I wanted to try the mono and I did a lot of research on it. It seems that it will impair your depth perception, being a bowhunter I don't need that. They may have improved things sinces then so ask your doc plenty of questions. Overall it is the best money that I have ever spent, I went from -7 to 20/20.

rutandstrut

I would recommend trying a Contact to simulate the Final Prescription that the Lasik Surgery will provide. The way I understand it is that once you get use to it your Brain automatically uses one eye for Distance and one eye for close-up Vision. The Optometrist also allowed me to try using one Contact to simulate what the final outcome would be prior to making a choice. He explained that some people have no problem adjusting to having only one contact or Lasik adjusted Eye in this case, and some people have no problem adjusting to it.

After putting it off for years, I am scheduled for surgery this coming Thursday. The doctor is recommending adjusting my right eye for distance and the left for reading so that I wont need to use reading glasses. I am still wondering if having each eye focusing different is going to be a problem.

I've had one guy tell me it is great. Anyone else had lazik done this way?

Thanks.

Pistol

I had my eyes done back in january. I didnt have the mono-vision done, so I cant tell you anything about it. I do agree with these guys that you need to go to the best doctor you can. I had mine done at Wolfson Lasik. Dr. Wolfson is the best. I was seeing 20/10 within 2 weeks. It's not cheap, but WELL worth it.

jinx0760

Gone But Not Forgotten
Lasik

I had the wavelength lasik in Nov 04. My prescription prior to Lasik was -4.75 and -4.25 ( I wore contacts). I went with the long range vision instead of the "stereo" version. I am a 47 yr old male and figured I'd need reading glasses anyway. I have 20/10 vision now and I wear 1.25 readers for close work. My hobbies are all outdoors and I really think I made the right decision. Night driving is great, on-coming traffic is just a small bright dot, not a star that's fuzzy. The wave-length "option" cost extra, but I have crisp vision on my periphery just like straight ahead! I have been very satisfied!:banana::flag:

http://www.woolfsoneye.com/

TurkeyCreek

Thanks all for your input...I am thinking of putting it off for now...just not sure which way to go with this now.

also found out today the engine on my bass boat is toast, so i thinking i'll spend the money on that for now..

thanks.