Lazy Ham Tonight (AKA Hump Day Ham)

Wife reminded me the other day about a spiral sliced ham we had stuffed in the freezer in the garage, amongst bear meat and venison, and said it "needed" cooked. Y'all know what dat means...lol. So, it got defrosted and I decided on my lazy man ham recipe. The ham was good sized so I had to cut a big hunk off the side, just to fit it in the crock pot (no laughing!). I got that hunk stuffed in there with the still bone in portion, and commenced to preparing it.

A bit of tangy liquid (ginger ale soda) and lots of brown sugar on top, pushed down on the open slices. Looked like this when shoe-horned into the crock pot. It's for sure moist, and I'm also doctoring up the supplied glaze as something of a ham sauce as well. We'll be having some rice with it tonight. Sorry, no sweet tators in the house...

thumbnail-134.jpeg

You don't need no dang, sweet taters. Uh, you gots any tater salad laying around.

Actually there was just a little bit of left over potato salad in the fridge, but it never crossed my mind...darn. And I'm too stuffed now to consider it... I had 3rds on the ham. Perfect texture, very moist. Wife gave me a thumbs up. ?