LCRx .357 3" barrel

Rabun

I know this is brand spanking new, but would be curious to hear if anyone has had an opportunity to shoot one yet and what you thought of it?

transfixer

I haven't shot that one, but I have shot the LCR snub in .357, I was impressed, the double action trigger is excellent ! I didn't think I would like it before I shot it, but I was surprised . With the 3in barrel and ability to shoot single action, it should be a great gun ! I've seen some videos of the LCRX in 22lr, I've put it on my short list to acquire in the future,

Darkhorse

My wife has the LCR in .38 Special. I tried to talk her into an auto but she had to have the LCR.
I don't like it at all. I couldn't imagine shooting one more than a few times in .357 magnum. It hurts my hand worse than my SBH and I can't seem to find the sweet spot with those sights.
A 3" barrel could only help it. But I still won't like it I think.

Rabun

Yes I would imagine it would be pretty snappy. I have a lcr .22 which I like..trigger has a nice smooth action. Also a 642 in .38 and full loads are not much fun. I'm considering the 357 as a trail gun and I like the lcr platform, light weight, single action option with the x, longer barrel and am a fan of the .357 cartridge. curious to see how accurate it is and controllability.

transfixer

The lcr snubbie I fired belonged to an undercover LEO, we were able to get decent groups at 7yds, firing full house loads double action, yes, it was snappy for sure, but the grips on the gun made it easy to handle, I would imagine with a little longer sight radius, and single action, it wouldn't be too hard to shoot accurately,

killerv

It's definitely a good lookin gun. I have a sp101 though so don't know if I can really justify it. I believe it is over 10oz lighter if I'm not mistaken than the sp101 4in.

Rabun

Specs say a little under 9 oz difference which is about 30% lighter than the 101....pretty significant. I'm at that age where lighter is my friend LOL.

Thanks for y'alls feedback

sbroadwell

I've got an SP101, 3" barrel. It's pretty heavy. That's a good thing, if you're shooting full power .357 magnum. I've had my experiences with the super light revolvers and big calibers. Not good.

frankwright

I think it would be a great woods walking or carry revolver especially loaded with a good 38 Spl +P!
I have shot 357 in small pistols and they are not fun!

sbroadwell

I think it would be a great woods walking or carry revolver especially loaded with a good 38 Spl +P!
I have shot 357 in small pistols and they are not fun!
Yeah, I can do it with the SP101, but after five rounds I'm thinking "this is not too much fun." I heard someone one time describe firing one the the scandium framed .357s as like having a hand grenade go off in your hand.

sleepr71

I’m considering one of these also,but with the hand grip laser. It sounds like .38sp ,or +p ammo is about the limit for most of us to manage(recoil wise).?? I can’t imagine a stout .357 load in that thing!