Leak in my metal roof

Cmp1

BANNED
How old is the roof, could be some of the screwa need to be tightened,,,, I know ours leaked in a few places after installation, screws just needed to be tightened,,,, rubber gaskets on the screwa,,,,

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
How old is the roof, could be some of the screwa need to be tightened,,,, I know ours leaked in a few places after installation, screws just needed to be tightened,,,, rubber gaskets on the screwa,,,,
This would be my first thing to look at. It is suggested that you check the screws every 5-7 years.
Next would be any penetrations(plumbing vents etc....)
Then look for actual hole from a limb falling(If your in the city it could be a gunshot hole also.)

1gr8bldr

Some rubber washer are better than others. Expansion and contraction usually lead to loose screws. I am always amazed at how loose they seem after 1 season. But if you tighten them down, they run the risk of it doing the same again. Highest quality screws with a good pliable washer is the preemptive solution. Very common to have a leak from a loose screw. They leak much more than people realize, but the leak is usually so little that people never realize it. Good underlayment is key also